PDA

View Full Version : Bugs on a Bumper

ptim
03-01-2005, 01:51 PM
I need some advice on cleaning bugs from the front bumpers, some people that donâ€â„¢t take care of there cars or never wash them have bugs covering there bumpers, after a period of time it is impossible to get them all off. I try to get them off, but there are always a few remains left, most of the time they have etched themselves into the paint and the only thing that will correct it, is to have it repainted, otherwise to me it looks like crap.

I hate to have a few bugs on the bumper ruin my work, any suggestions would be great or should I let it not bother me.

Thanks for any help.

:nixweiss

imported_Shaun Carollo
03-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Before I detail a car, I spray some APC/Degreaser all over the front bumper, side skirts, and behind the wheels. I only do this when polishing though because the APC/Degreaser will strip wax.

Another solution is claying, it cleans up even the nastiest bumpers.

As far as bugs being etched into the clear, there`s not much you can do, but at least it`s not your fault. Some people just need to be hit with the repaint bill before they maintain their cars properly.

-Shaun

GoFastTSI
03-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Ahhh, welcome to the land of lovebugs!!! If they are not removed within hours of contact on an untreated surface, their accidic body matter eats into the clear coat of whatever they splattered themselves against. If you are skilled, try wetsanding the bumper surface (with customer`s permission of course), or point out the defects to them, what caused it, and why you couldn`t remove them.

Bill D
03-01-2005, 02:48 PM
After you get them all off you could apply a paint protecting spray gel product like Pro`s Bug Guard or Bug Bloc from Huey Chemical.