PDA

View Full Version : Color choice for your next car

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Carl Anderson
03-01-2005, 08:53 AM
I have had my Jet Black BMW for a little over 2 years. I love how it looks after I detail it, but since I do not have a garage and park it outside where I work I find my efforts very temporary. Even so it looks so much better than other black cars, and if I wasn`t such a fanatic it wouldn`t bother me. But it does.

My wife has a "bambo" Lexus which is very light green silverish color. Sometimes I can`t even tell it is dirty unless I inspect it very closely. We have owned it over a year and I just can`t detect any marring.

I may end up purchasing a sedan and selling my Jet Black M3. So what have I been thinking about? What color? I previously had a Titanium Silver BMW, and my neighbor has a Silver Grey BMW which has a little more depth to it. Any thoughts? I very much doubt I will go black again because over time it has been a little too frustrating for one who is so concerned about the quality of his car`s paint.

Intercooled
03-01-2005, 09:04 AM
My black car is a garage queen and it is still a PITA!

My wifes car is silver, pretty easy to keep clean and hard to detect dirt and marring. I like some of the newer blue colors. I wonder how that color is to keep?

If I were to trade in my Garage Queen I probably wouldn`t go black again. I had a couple of whit cars in the past and they were extremely easy to keep clean and good looking all the time. But now that I`m an Autopian I love having hat depth and shine that most whites just dont have. The pearl colors seem to be very nice though!

audio1der
03-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Mystic blue metallic- BMW, of course:bow

I currently have Nissan`s "Radium Silver" which is a metallic pewter. It`s VERY easy to keep clean looking, but rather uninspiring to detail. I think a deep blue will be a good compromise.

I have had a black car (although not a nice car, with good quality paint) and would not even dream about doing that again, unless it was a garage queen/weekend toy.

Best of luck in your decision.

:wavey

cwcad
03-01-2005, 09:30 AM
i have a black 03 silverado. admittedly, it is a pain in the *** to keep clean. my wife has a pewter colored bravada and it is quite easy to maintain. it does not show the dirt as the black does.

yet, the black is what inspired me to become obscessed with detailing. like someone else said, the pewter color is not inspiring. with that in mind, i personally would stay with a black vehicle just to keep the inspiration. pain in the a** or not, to me, there is nothing like a black vehicle that is shiny.

JaCkaL829
03-01-2005, 10:08 AM
In May/June I plan on buying an 00-01 Infiniti G20t in Titanium Metallic Silver. IMO its one of the nicest colors on cars today. It will be a lot easier to maintain than my royal blue Jimmy was. I`ve seen some pictures of that color detailed and it looks incredibly glossy and wet. The only way i`d get a darker color is if I knew I had a garage to keep it in every night.

wannafbody
03-01-2005, 10:19 AM
i`ve had Laser Red Mettallic and Navy Blue Mettallic- next might be Yellow

03COBRA
03-01-2005, 10:26 AM
My next will be Silver again. For me not being able to get to my own car now days with all of the other cars I take care of, I need Silver to make my life easier! My Mom has a black 05 Mustang GT so I feel your pain, but she parks in the garage at hime!:D

CarsFreak
03-01-2005, 10:29 AM
I`ve had a 1980s Corolla white. The Camry is a dark green and imperfections show. The Sienna is a light blue but still darker compared to others.

My next sedan (If a Honda, Sage Brush Pearl or Nighthawk Black Pearl) (If a Toyota, Indigo Ink Pearl or Black) and If a Lexus, Blue Onyx, Black Onyx, Quartz Shadow Metallic

raymond_ho2002
03-01-2005, 11:52 AM
I`d probably go for something in acura-blue, or a dark grey (scion tc`s flint mica). After two and a half years, taking care of a black daily-driver is really wearing me down. No longer do I care about a swirl-free car; if you can`t notice swirls from 5 feet away, it`s good enough for me now. =/

Having a black car is like having a high-maintenence girlfriend. It`ll demand all of your time, money, and effort, but it looks awesome when properly dressed up and really stands out. And when you`re out in public, you proudly think "yeah, that`s MY baby..." :D

Accumulator
03-01-2005, 12:17 PM
After years of saying "I`ll always have a black car" I got the silver/gray XJS in `85. It was like somebody gave me back my life and I`ve never looked back. IMO if you`re really gonna *drive* the thing, get some easy to maintain color. Anything from gunmetal gray to white (with all the silvers, light blues, etc. in between). Just find the color that looks best for the vehicle in question.

I know a guy with a silver-gray BMW 7-series. He doesn`t take all that great of care of it to say the least ;) but it still looks OK. Looks to me like it would be a pretty cool color to use something like UPP on.

togwt
03-01-2005, 01:09 PM
As an everyday vehicle- silver or white for all the reasons mentioned.

Colour of next car (if there ever is one) Porsche speed yellow

Sveta
03-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Have the worst of both worlds....Black Toyota 4x4 and I use it in the desert....work, work, work, work.....AND a White Accord....nice but soulless. Looks almost as good washed as it does waxed, sort of...

Red for me next time...non metallic if possible. If the new 3 series BMW`s turn out to be AT LEAST as roomy as my Accord...I MIGHT go for that really light blue metallic(?) they offer.

Jonny_venus
03-01-2005, 01:31 PM
BMW Imola Red - thats my next colour choice.

PK

domZ'sp5
03-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Red.

The best color to make pretty...

DomZ

Yobwoc
03-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Hard to define "best" colour but IMHO and for my 80 cent canadian $ I will go with Titanium Silver Metallic on a BMW for my next car.

Black MDX is a huge PITA! Unless it has been just detailed the black looks dull. Owning a black SUV has brough my level of knowlegde up having to detail every 3 days... :doh