PDA

View Full Version : Washing Car Equipment.

porterror
03-01-2005, 02:29 AM
Well. It`s offical the crappy old hose I use needs to get replaced very very bad. My dad has like 8 patchs in the dam thing and its always getting knots. I`m not a huge fan of washing my car I find it to be the worst part of the detailing processes. Even though I know how important it is, it still is so crappy considering what I have to use. What are some good options to go with for washing my car?

Black240SX
03-01-2005, 03:04 AM
Rubber hoses are nicer to use than the plastic ones, but cost a few dollars more.

travisdecpn
03-01-2005, 03:10 AM
I would recommend an Apex Flexogen hose, they are a little expensive, but they stay flexible even in cold weather and are very, very durable. Get a Gilmour 474 sprayer nozzle. They hare completely plastic and durable as well. If you have a Walmart near you, even though I don`t like to support large retail outlets, they do have some good sheepskin mitts (Eurow) for about 6 bucks. In addition pick up some NXT car wash soap and a couple of buckets. WW towels are good for drying and available at pakshak, autopia-carcare, or many of the other fine vendors that partake in the forum.

porterror
03-01-2005, 07:34 AM
Apex Flexogen hose, are they at walmart as well? Also, how much money we talking if I try to get into power-washing?

Web Docta
03-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Try Costco if there`s one near you. You can pick up the flexogen hose, wash mits, MF and some other car cleaning stuff at pretty good prices.

Accumulator
03-01-2005, 11:49 AM
IMO washing is the single most important part of the detailing process. If you mar the finish when you wash you have to do the whole marring-removal thing with polishes, PCs, rotaries, etc. SO... make the wash process as user-friendly and paint-friendly as possible.

Get some brass quick-disconnect fittings and a shutoff valve.

Get a nozzle like the Bonaire and a smaller one that will fit in the wheelwells.

Get good mitts.

Get a foamgun ;)

I don`t see any real need for a pressure washer. I have two of them and I`ve only used them on vehicles once or twice (decades-old Jag, for instance, on its undercarriage). If you off-road a 4x4 that would be different.

travisdecpn
03-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by porterror

Apex Flexogen hose, are they at walmart as well? Also, how much money we talking if I try to get into power-washing?

You can find these at your local nursery or garden supply store, for a 50 footer they are about 30 bucks, but they are also 6-ply and very durable. I know it seems like a lot for a simple hose, but they last forever and have solid brass ends.