PDA

View Full Version : GSRstilez`s Integra smashed by vandals

Pages : [1] 2 3

stilez
02-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Restitution Served - Page 4

__________________________________________________ __________________

Please read the story before browsing through the pics, you know I`d do the same for you ;).

So I went to Philly over the weekend for a Leadership Conference for my Fraternity. One of my other brothers came with me and we found out another brother was in Philly for the weekend with his girlfriend. It just so happens they were at a house party thrown by her older sister, so we were invited.

We got there around 11:00 PM and all was well. We partied light for a little bit and decided the music sucked. My brother had me go grab a CD out of my car, so at 12:3o I did so and all was still well.

Around 2am we decided to take off. By then we had completely sobered up. We said our goodbyes and headed out. I chirped my alarm to unlock and it chirped 4 times noting that it was tripped. Upon getting closer I noticed my rear windshield was smashed in :(.

There was glass everywhere and nothing was stolen thankfully. I got pretty heated and now that I look back I was glad I didn`t catch the people in the act because one of us would`ve been in the ER for the night.

Anyways, I cooled down, cops came and I filled out a report with them. I taped up the rear window with duct tape and a garbage bag and shop vac`d most of the glass out. Upon them giving me my paperwork back they let me know that 2 other incidents just occurred all under 5 mins away. Seems as though some kids/people were out for a night of fun.

The main thing I was mad about was that I had a 4hr trip ahead of me in the morning and it was getting late. Of course, my brother and I got lost heading back to the hotel and ended up pulling in at 4:51 AM. We slept for 6 hours and took off back to CT.

Well all is said and done now. There is glass in my vents, cupholders, seats, floors, door jams, and everywhere else. We made it home fine and averaged about 85mph (we just cranked the stereo to kill the noise). I had to take everything out of my car in fear for theft. The glass will be fixed ASAP and re-tinted eventually.

All in all, vandals can rot in battery acid.

The horror:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/IMG_0502.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/IMG_0503.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/IMG_0504.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/IMG_0505.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/IMG_0506.jpg

Not to mention, the dirtiest my car has been all winter. So yeah, a double shot to the heart on that nite :).

ntoddalbert
02-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Wow, that sucks....... We all know how much time you put into your car that`s what makes it so wrong. There is a special place in hell for people like that.

its no conciliation but at least they only broke the glass and the paint got away pretty much unscathed.

Bill D
02-28-2005, 04:02 PM
:shocked :shocked :shocked

:( :(

I`m angry for you, Sean :furious:

The last few months have not been kind to your car, seems like everyone wants to hit it in some way :down

Where exactly in Philly was this?

Luckily, new glass is a pretty quick fix.

1 Clean WS6
02-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Sean I can offer no words but an "I`m sorry" man.

This punishment is not strong enough....

"All in all, vandals can rot in battery acid."

denali-d
02-28-2005, 04:29 PM
I`m sorry to hear about that Sean. As it has been said, "Jealousy is a mother******." Glad to see it was only the glass though, easily replaced. I`m not sure about CT, but in Mass, under option 1, all glass is covered with no deductible.

holland_patrick
02-28-2005, 04:31 PM
That Sucks man I had that happen to me also Keep trying to get the glass out i did and i still find a small peice of galss some where everynow and then...

vdog0531
02-28-2005, 04:40 PM
i know how you feel. When i had my teg, the back window got completely bashed out the first week i had it. it sucks ***. then, about 7 months later, the rear quarter panel got smashed. so after a few deductables and some time spent in the shop, i had it back but i still felt violated. its ******. i`m sorry

Vernon

hirosh
02-28-2005, 05:04 PM
what the hell is wrong with people nowadays messing with other people`s property like that? :angry

well, on the somewhat brighter side, i`m glad to hear it was just the glass that got broken, and nothing else got damaged or stolen. but still.....that just sucks.

Accumulator
02-28-2005, 06:09 PM
GSRstilez - Yikes, I`m really sorry to hear about that. I bet you`ve thought "had I left before we sobered up it wouldn`t have happened". Gotta be a real drag knowing that your doing the right thing made you a target of opportunity :(

Seems like quite a few Autopians are having [stuff] happen to their vehicles these days...

shaunthebadboy
02-28-2005, 06:15 PM
seems like evryone likes to mess with our tegs man. someone hit my fender in the parking lot at work the toher day. sorry to hear about your car.

Prometheus
02-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Wow, that sucks Sean. My dads car had its rear window bashed in this summer, and it is a real pain. You`ll still be finding glass six months from now. That really sucks man. Vandals are about the lowest criminal out there IMO. Wow, cant say anything over that sorry dude.

Scottwax
02-28-2005, 07:19 PM
That seriously suck, Sean. Some punk kids went wild last fall in the Dallas area and vandalized around 100 cars one night. Sounds like the same type of punks who busted out your window. It really sucks that you can`t have nice things without some jerk messing it up. http://www.scottwax.com/rice/videos/smilies/-42.gif

Wasatch
02-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully they will get their`s someday.

Pats300zx
02-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Sorry to see that Sean. I wish I would have known that you were in Philly. Would have been nice to meet one of the masters...:D

stilez
02-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the sympathizing everyone. It definately helps :).

I know I will be finding glass FOREVER! I have a couple shows coming up this season so I think I will be stripping my interior to ensure its all gone.

It truly does suck this happened. I felt safe leaving it there as it was a truly nice area. My friends who hosted the party felt SOO terrible. They slipped my fraternity brother money for the damage, but I gave it back.

The glass is being done on Wednesday morning, but I will have to have it retinted on my dime. Oh well...