PDA

View Full Version : Computer loads everything twice

airjames
02-28-2005, 12:48 AM
I have a Dell 4300PC. For the past couple weeks it automatically decided it was going to load everything twice. What it does is when I get on IE to browse, come here, play games or regardless it loads everything twice. The page will load just fine but when it gets to the point of just being done it refreshes itself and then proceeds to take just as long loading the page as it did the first time.

I am really getting sick and tired of this. For now I`m blaming spyware because I have not changed any setting on my computer for months. This thing is so bad it`s to the point of where my settings will be changed for me when I know for a fact I havn`t touched them. I have Ad-Aware(free version) and run it on a daily basis. Sometimes mulitiple times a day if it gets real bad. Anybody wanting to chime in be my guest,,,,,,AR

boywonder
02-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Did you try Microsoft`s AntiSpyware?

airjames
02-28-2005, 01:11 AM
Nope, can`t say I`ve ever heard of it until now. Where do I get it from, cost anything?? All others still welcome. Thanks,,,AR

Eliot Ness
02-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by PrinzII

Did you try Microsoft`s AntiSpyware?

Sometimes it takes more than one program to sniff out all the spyware and MS`s new program along with Spybot both may be worth a shot:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

TW85 HHI
02-28-2005, 01:42 AM
Four things:

-Download SpyBot Search & Destroy (free)

-Continue using AdAware

-Spend $50-60 on Norton Internet Security

-Download Mozilla Firefox (free) and use it as your browser instead of IE.

The first two do not prevent spyware and adware, but rather find and delete them when you scan your computer. The latter two do prevent them by blocking pop-ups, automatic downloads, etc.

airjames
02-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by TW85 HHI

Four things:

-Download SpyBot Search & Destroy (free)

-Continue using AdAware

-Spend $50-60 on Norton Internet Security

-Download Mozilla Firefox (free) and use it as your browser instead of IE.

The first two do not prevent spyware and adware, but rather find and delete them when you scan your computer. The latter two do prevent them by blocking pop-ups, automatic downloads, etc.

I had Spybot S&D about a year or so ago and it didn`t seem to help out much. Then again, that was last year so maybe it has new updated software.

I have a strong opinion about spending money for internet security. For one thing, why should people have to spend money to keep other people out? What in this world gives hackers the right to butt in our computer and do whatever they please. Secondly, companies that hire these computer geeks to advertise there crap while were on the internet browsing and trying to learn something is simply uncalled for. The internet is a very powerful and useful tool. Why should we have to go online and look at other people`s advertisements and watch our computer go to hell because of junk like this. Somebody from the government or has some sort of political power should do something about this. I`m not saying I refuse to spend money to keep my computer clean but this whole spyware, pop ups and automatic downloads and what have you has gotten really out of hand. I know spending money seems like the only way to go now but I am very, and I mean very reluctant to do it. I could go on and on but I am so furious about all this junk that`s out there and it`s not even worth my time to run my jaws about it,,,,,,,AR

P.S I do thank everyone for the advice.

SpoiledMan
02-28-2005, 01:29 PM
Step 1: Get a Mac

Step 2: Enjoy

TW85 HHI
02-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Airborne Ranger,

LOL, you can be against the problems of the internet all you want--I doubt you`ll find many that are not against them--but you still have to protect your computer. Think of internet security software as birth control for your computer...or are you a person that wouldn`t/doesn`t use birth control methods? :p

j/k, but I am serious about having to protect your computer. I have dealt with viruses and the problems spyware/adware cause and it isn`t fun.

RedondoV6
02-28-2005, 01:46 PM
If you really thibnk it is spyware related, check out these forums:

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/

You have to be a member to see all the forums and the 195K posts regarding computer security. Worth joining, members work with noob`s to discover and resolve problems.