PDA

View Full Version : Costco Microfibers

Pages : [1] 2

rockyram
02-27-2005, 09:14 PM
I was in Costco in Richmond today to buy oil and noticed they had a 15 pack of microfibre towels for $14.69.They were 14"x14" and made by a company called Superex.Has anyone tried these?Sounds like a pretty good deal.I`m there every week so if anyone has some good words I`ll pick some up.I`ve never used any kind of microfiber before,so I am a little hesitant.

imported_Burlyq
02-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Costco MF`s are great for polish removal and general detailing. However, you will need to get a good expensive waffle weave if you want to dry and a decent MF like Viking for windows. I get lint trails sometimes on windows with Costco Mf, but I never get lint trails on the paint after removing polishing residue. I`d get them so you preserve your expensive ones and only use those for drying and windows, and use Coscto MF`s for everything else. If you never used Mf`s before I think those would be a great start, you don`t know what your missing. Also, don`t use fabric softener when cleaning.

rockyram
02-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Thanks.I`ll pick some up on my next visit.

stevet
02-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Are you sure it is a 15 pack? The Costco around here has a 20 pack (10 blue and 10 yellow) same brand and price as the ones you mentioned.

rockyram
02-28-2005, 12:49 AM
You know what.I think you`re right.It was a 20 pack.Good, I`ll get some.

im_wicked247
06-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Sams Club also offers MF towels, dont know if costco`s MF`s are better or not. Anybody got info on both the Sams and Costco MF`s?

General Lee
06-09-2005, 03:09 AM
I too use Costco`s MF`s. I`m Very pleased w/ them. Very decent towels for OTC

jetskie
06-09-2005, 10:50 AM
I think they work well for most purposes and are as good as many other MF towel out there. I still use some Excel towels for my final LSP buffing as I think they are just a little softer. In general you cant go wrong with them. Make sure to remove the tag as they can scratch the car.

mtwedt
06-09-2005, 10:58 AM
I use the Costco MF`s for detailing in most everything but the paint finish and buffing up rims. They are also excellent for household cleaning, if you need to justify buying more MF`s to someone else. Just keep them separate for detail and household use and wash them separately from each other.

BigAl3
06-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Burlyq

Costco MF`s are great for polish removal and general detailing. However, you will need to get a good expensive waffle weave if you want to dry and a decent MF like Viking for windows

yeah, the blue viking drying mf towel is one of the best mf`s i have ever used. very plush, two different sides (one side plush and the other fine) and has the silk border edge. it`s just as good as any of the higher priced/quality mf`s out there today. :up http://reviews.autopia.org/censura.php?cmd=details&itemid=335

tyltan
06-09-2005, 11:21 AM
I pickup 20 pack 16x16 at costco last night for $9. Do they carrry different types?

imported_Denzil
06-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Costco MF`s are pretty decent but I can tell they aren`t as good as my Excel ones. It`s pretty noticeable in the quality difference. My Costco MF`s handle all the dirty work while I use my Excel WW`s to dry the car and my Excel Elite Polishing to polish off my LSP.

ClemsonDave
06-09-2005, 12:26 PM
I picked up the Costco MF in Richmond about a month ago and they were all yellow. I think there is 20 in the pack for apx. $10.

buellwinkle
06-09-2005, 10:36 PM
When I got my first MF towel it was like gold, they were expensive and I had to choose where I wanted to use it. Costco changed the market, from $10 for an MF towel to 50 cents. I can now go through a dozen mf towels detailing the car and I don`t care. So maybe the expensive towels are slightly better but me thinks it`s better to change them often as you work so I vote for quantity over quality, specially when the Costco quality is pretty good. Their terry towels are also an amazing buy, about 25 cents each, how can you go wrong.

WaXwOrKs
06-10-2005, 12:58 PM
I just stocked up on these as well 20 pack for 9 bucks well $10.

I`ve found too that these don`t do to well on windows unless the water is minimal I don`t know its something about drying water off the car MF`s seem to have issues with, you really have to get an expensive ones to work really well, for every thing else I would`t use anything else.