PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

ImSoStupid
02-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Ima` complete idiot tonight.. I hit a mailbox comin outta this girls house.. just didnt see it.. Anyway.. The car is new to me.. So Im really stressin screwin it up.. The scratches arent too terribly bad.. but they`re so damned noticable.. i was able to rub a lot of it out w/ a wash cloth and hot water.. now i got a big dent and a few scratches left.. i would really like any ideas on how to get rid of em.. any? i cant take pics.. but if you`ve ever done this or seen someone do it, please help.. i dont want this to ruin my new car..

White95Max
02-27-2005, 08:39 PM
The general rule is... if you can feel the scratches with your fingernail, they`re too deep to correct with a polish. They would require a good touch-up paint correction, or a repaint of that area.

You can attempt to correct the scratches with a heavy polish or rubbing compound.

ImSoStupid
02-27-2005, 09:02 PM
you can definitely feel the scratch w/ your fingernail.. how can i fix this..?

White95Max
02-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by White95Max

The general rule is... if you can feel the scratches with your fingernail, they`re too deep to correct with a polish. They would require a good touch-up paint correction, or a repaint of that area.

^

kempie
02-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Save your $ and go to the local body shop......

wifehatescar
02-27-2005, 10:29 PM
:lol Nice screen name........ :lol

Bobsealant
02-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by wifehatescar

Your name is not too shabby either. Your wife obviously hates the amount of time you spend with your car! :lol

togwt
02-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by wifehatescar

When you get to be an â€ËœEnthusiast Detailer will you change it to â€ËœIma` complete idiotâ€â„¢:LOLOL