PDA

View Full Version : Should Mosca Z the new car, or NOT Z the new car?

Pages : [1] 2

JustinR32
02-27-2005, 08:26 PM
I dunno. I have loads of good stuff already, stuff I like. I went to the Z Store, and it looks like I can`t really get in and out for less than $59 (ZFX, Z2, Z5 plus shipping), and $100 is more like it.

White95Max
02-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Put some AIO/UPP/PG on that baby!

RedondoV6
02-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Skip the Z5 .. just Z2 Pro and ZFX. I have some ZFX nearing the end of it`s shelve life, PM me if you want a sample to try it out.

Right now I`m testing Z2 Pro against the old Z2 and as a common reference for non Zaino users I applied UPP to a 3rd panel. There is no discernable difference in the look of Z2 Pro and UPP during the first few days and although UPP is slightly slicker it is close call. After a week of bad weather and two washes, Z2 Pro is way more slick than UPP, the shine is better than the UPP and unlike the beading and sheeting ability of UPP, which dropped off very rapidly, Z2 Pro is still going strong.

Join the hive! Life is good in here! :lol

sQuashed
02-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Do something different weekly !!! Its only money :)

kartoon
02-27-2005, 08:48 PM
What Redondo said - go for it but skip the Z5.

colche
02-27-2005, 09:02 PM
If your really strapped for $$ pickup Z1 instead of ZFX.

With Z2Pro drying pretty quickly now (20 mins) and looking good after 1 layer -- you can get away with using just Z1.

Scottwax
02-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by White95Max

Put some AIO/UPP/PG on that baby!

That would be my first choice but I have to admit Z2 Pro also looks really good. AIO and #16 would also look really good and so would Shokar but it won`t be out until April...although it is possible I could be talked out of an ounce or so, should be enough for 3 layers and it works fine with AIO.

DCT
02-28-2005, 05:59 AM
Well, a friend was nice enough to send me some Z2-Pro. Being that I still had some ZFX around, I decided to try it on the wifes white CRV............... it`s extremely nice stuff. I would try it.

imported_memnuts
02-28-2005, 09:40 AM
I have Z2-Pro on all of my driven vehicles including the Olympic White Escalade. Looks great all the time. Deep, reflective and wet.

Stays clean appearing thru rain and snow and beads like crazy.

All you need is Z2-Pro (~$15), ZFX(~$20), Z6(~$10) and I highly recommend Z7(~$9) plus shipping (~$8). Total ~$63. Well worth the price, showcar appearance, protection and peace of mind. :xyxthumbs

cwcad
02-28-2005, 09:53 AM
Mosca, i have all the items the blkZ28 mentioned except z7. i would send them all to you to use. sorry i do not have your address. check your pm`s. cannot help with out the address.

JustinR32
02-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Thanks guys, so far it`s 50-50!

A number of you have offered to let me try the Z, and I`m going to take up cwcad`s generous offer! Not that I wouldn`t accept EVERYONES" offer, but by then I wouldnt have to buy ANY! That`s what I love best about Autopia!

Tom

Accumulator
02-28-2005, 06:24 PM
OK, I voted to Zaino it.

IMO the "Zaino look" could be *just the thing* for that particular paint. I would do something to rule out "rust blooms" though. At least clay it, if you`re not gonna use ABC. Wanna split some ABC? I might need a new batch in the near future, no point in both us ordering some. Also no point in your *not* ordering any just because you don`t need a whole gallon of each. Lemme know if you wanna go 50/50 on some.

imported_Sullybob
02-28-2005, 06:36 PM
I voted to Zaino it. Please post a review when you are done.

imported_agentf1
02-28-2005, 06:49 PM
:bow Definetly Zaino Z2 Pro. A little goes a LONG way and it dries in way less than 20 minutes, more like 2 minutes. Get ZFX, Z2, Z6 and Z7. You only need ZFX for the first coat (unless you want to put on multiple coats at once) and every 6months/year afterwards. It will last you forever. You will also love the Z6 as it really makes the shine pop and is great after washings etc. I have tried alot of other sealants and waxes and have not found any that compare.

Scottwax
02-28-2005, 06:54 PM
My offer for an ounce of Shokar sealant is still open if you wish. One ounce should be enough to do your car at least 3 times. At least.