PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Tire Dressing

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

qwik5o
02-27-2005, 04:25 PM
I was just wondering what everyones opinions were on their favorite tire dressings.

If you can, explain the ease of application and durability of the product.

I am currently using Meg`s High Endurance and although it gives a nice shine i dont like the application of it.

Happy Detailing,

Kevin R.

Bill D
02-27-2005, 04:29 PM
I only use water based dressings. My favorites include:

Zaino Z16

Vinylex

Armor All Original

Spilchy
02-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Armor All original. Sold in bulk at Costco. Cheap, looks great, long lasting. I spray right on to the tire using the Wheel Shield. I shoot it at an angle to prevent overspray and let it drip and soak in, no buffing.

For an aerosol type spray, I like No Touch. 4 pack for $9 at Costco. I spray right on to the tire using the Wheel Shield. Can be pain to apply b/c of over spray. I shove a piece of card board that I molded in the shape of the wheel well to create a makeshift housing for the tire. It catches the overspray. Pretty neat trick.

JeffM
02-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Wow, to have armor all original in the same list as zaino is saying sometihng hahaha :)

Good post, i am abit unimpressed with pretty much all the tire dressings i have bought, and i refuse to order something like this online.

Anyone try PB trim restore?

TW85 HHI
02-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Gel: Wolfgang or Pinnacle

Quick Dressings: BnB or 303

imported_SHICKS
02-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Right now I am using Stoner`s More Shine Less Time. It`s a little greasy, but the shine is nice. I may switch to a water based like armor all since they changed the formula to a water based.

Steve

qwik5o
02-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Spilchy - What is this wheel shield? Sounds like an interesting product.

I`ll definately have to try the Armor All. Have loads of the stuff but never considered it as a tire dressing. How is it for durability?

Happy Detailing,

Kevin R.

Bill D
02-27-2005, 05:09 PM
You could make one those wheel shields with a piece of cardboard. Having to possibly rely on those and the inevitable staining of concrete and asphalt with those foam tire shines eventually made me stop using them altogether. FWIW, I use a tire swipe with products like the ones I listed. No wasted product that way.

Shicks,

Yeah, I did exactly that: I used to buy that by the case, then I learned more about the down side of those silicone oil based dressings and quit using them for good.

Spilchy
02-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 1SLOW50

Spilchy - What is this wheel shield? Sounds like an interesting product.

I`ll definately have to try the Armor All. Have loads of the stuff but never considered it as a tire dressing. How is it for durability?

Happy Detailing,

Kevin R.

Armor All is rather durable. It hold ups for a good couple weeks for me before I need to reapply. Given its cost, it is the best bang for the buck. Many have more money than me and can justify using more expensive boutique-like products on their tires or other cars they detail. I get the same results with Armor All :up

I use on weather stripping too.

Wheel shield:

http://www.autogeek.net/wheelshield.html

Maknmony
02-27-2005, 05:24 PM
I use Pro Shine from Castle products. It comes in a gallon size and it`s only $20.00 for the gallon. It works great on the dash, door panels. I threw all of my armor all away. I hated it.

Good luck,

Sellncars

qwik5o
02-27-2005, 05:25 PM
You might want to give Armor-All another shot though since they re-formulated it. I used to hate it too.

imported_Blake
02-27-2005, 06:26 PM
JBM asked about Poorboy`s Trim Restore

You can use TR but it is a better product for hard pebbled plastic trim. If you`re using a Poorboy`s product BnB does the deed. It`s a good product and leaves a nice sheen.

RedondoV6
02-27-2005, 06:31 PM
I too only use water based dressings (kinder to your tires). My favorites include:

Zaino Z16.. low shine, very easy to apply, wets easily, satin look, longest lasting water based dressing I have tried so far. My personal favorite.

I also like 303, little more matte finish than Z16, but not as long lasting.

The only other water based dressing I could recommend is AA, but check the AA Ultra Shine, its like the AA Original, wets a little better, gives a little more shine and lasts a little longer. Do not try the AA Matte dressing, it does not go on as well as the original or Ultra Shine and only lasts for days (I suspect the three versions of AA just use the same resins in different concentrations)

armoredsaint
02-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Z16 definitely, long lasting, no sling or residue and it smells like lemons :D

DrSauekraut
02-27-2005, 06:40 PM
I`m going out on a limb here . . . I have many favorites, but I really like Meg`s NXT. Easy to apply via sponge, it has a deep and glossy shine, doesn`t fling, and is very durable (until it rains). I also like PB`s BnB and 303.