PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Moose

Pages : [1] 2

imported_DetailGirl
02-27-2005, 01:50 AM
I thought that there was a place to get a larger than a pint size? Anyhelp is appreciated.

Eliot Ness
02-27-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by DetailGirl

I thought that there was a place to get a larger than a pint size? Anyhelp is appreciated.

I got mine at SMP. He doesn`t have it listed, but if you call or e-mail him he may still have the quart size.

http://www.specialtymotoring.com/index.html

imported_DetailGirl
02-27-2005, 02:42 AM
Is there a discount code out there? It seems as of late there are so few codes around. You would think that there would be more with spring just 4 weeks around the corner and all.

Thanks Eliot Ness.

probegt
02-27-2005, 03:06 AM
Yeah, SMP has quart size bottles.

Eliot Ness
02-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by DetailGirl

Is there a discount code out there? .....

There is not a discount code for SMP that I am aware of. I bought my quart of VM (with some other stuff) back in December when he had a 1 day 20% off sale.

Scottwax
02-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Just a heads up, I got some new Clearkote products to test (they look production ready) and the sheet he gave me indicated they would be available in both pint and quart sizes. I hope that is a trend that extends to the current line-up as well.

94BlkStang
02-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Just a heads up, I got some new Clearkote products to test (they look production ready) and the sheet he gave me indicated they would be available in both pint and quart sizes. I hope that is a trend that extends to the current line-up as well.

Thanks for the heads up Scott. What kind of products are they (polish, swirl remover, glaze, wax etc.?) and are they going to replace any products in their current line?:D

jfox03cobra
02-27-2005, 11:51 PM
I`m just now learning to detail and chose clearkote products for my first go. I ordered my VM and carnuba moose wax directly from clearkote.com and they mentioned these new products coming out:

Blue Moose Cutting Cream

Compound Moose

Red Moose Machine Glaze

Yellow Cream Wax

I`m sure they`ll be as good as the rest of the stuff they sell. I can`t wait to get my PC pads and see if I can get my black car looking good.

Scottwax
02-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by 94BlkStang

Thanks for the heads up Scott. What kind of products are they (polish, swirl remover, glaze, wax etc.?) and are they going to replace any products in their current line?:D

1. Clearkote Compound-dimishing abrasives and chemical cleaners

2. Blue Moose Cutting Cream-chemical cleaning compound. Less aggressive than Clearkote Compound. Excellent on oxidation.

3. Red Machine Glaze-light chemical cleaning/polishing. Deeper looking than Vanilla Moose, will remove minor defects and paint transfers.

4. Yellow Cream Wax. Think Meguiars #81 or #7 but wipes off effortlessly.

I really, really like the Red Glaze. Very deep and wet looking. After I used it on the Rolls Phantom I take care of, his co-worker asked if I used that expensive wax (Souveran) on it again and I told him I had only polished it, no wax yet. It is also suprisingly slick for not containing any wax.

All the aforementioned products are silicone free, btw.

94BlkStang
02-28-2005, 10:57 AM

1. Clearkote Compound-dimishing abrasives and chemical cleaners

2. Blue Moose Cutting Cream-chemical cleaning compound. Less aggressive than Clearkote Compound. Excellent on oxidation.

3. Red Machine Glaze-light chemical cleaning/polishing. Deeper looking than Vanilla Moose, will remove minor defects and paint transfers.

4. Yellow Cream Wax. Think Meguiars #81 or #7 but wipes off effortlessly.

I really, really like the Red Glaze. Very deep and wet looking. After I used it on the Rolls Phantom I take care of, his co-worker asked if I used that expensive wax (Souveran) on it again and I told him I had only polished it, no wax yet. It is also suprisingly slick for not containing any wax.

All the aforementioned products are silicone free, btw.

Thanks Scott. Do you see the red glaze replacing the Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze and is it enough of an improvement? I have been using VM and love the way it works. I have about 1/2 bottle left (which should last me awhile) and I was going to order some UPP and have a bottle of VM thrown in just to stock up. If the red glaze will be an improvement I can hold off and wait on the vm.:)

PakShak
02-28-2005, 11:32 AM
I think a VM/Red Moose will be a nice combo. The VM does have light abrasives, oils, and fillers so Red Machine Glaze which has no abrasives will be a nice topper. :xyxthumbs

How do I know...I tried this combo this past weekend on my wife`s Honda Civic. :) Very nice waxed look.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

Scottwax
02-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by PakShak

I think a VM/Red Moose will be a nice combo. The VM does have light abrasives, oils, and fillers so Red Machine Glaze which has no abrasives will be a nice topper. :xyxthumbs

Agreed. Red Machine Glaze (RMG from now on!) has a deeper look than VM does. Finish with the Yellow Cream Wax and CMW if you want to do a seriously wet 4 step process.

RMG and CMW alone looked great on a red F-150 and white Expidition I did on Sunday.

Spilchy
02-28-2005, 07:10 PM

Agreed. Red Machine Glaze (RMG from now on!) has a deeper look than VM does. Finish with the Yellow Cream Wax and CMW if you want to do a seriously wet 4 step process.

RMG and CMW alone looked great on a red F-150 and white Expidition I did on Sunday.

:bow :bow I am salivating!

I LOVE VM AND CMW COMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With this RMG having polishing ability, I`m in heaven.

Here we go: RMG, VM, CMW and Souveran paste for the cherry topper :p

VM, CMW, Souveran is my all time favorite on a properly prepped surface :xyxthumbs

Richt
03-02-2005, 03:49 AM
Do we think the RMG will be useable by hand?

Scottwax
03-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Richt

Do we think the RMG will be useable by hand?

The instruction sheet I have says it can be used by hand. It definitely has a thicker consistancy than Vanilla Moose does.