PDA

View Full Version : NEWB question on paint

genes
02-26-2005, 08:10 PM
I used #83 on the other side of my oxidized truck. I was trying to compare one side of the truck to the other. The side that was repaired, due to someone backing into me a year or so ago, has come out very shiny and slick.

The other side has some paint imperfections that I need your expert-like help on. The paint is just loaded with bumps in it. Small like bubbles that won`t come out even when I made two passes with #83.

This is probably small potatoes to all of you but I spent a couple of hours cleaning this bad boy and when the halogen lamp got shined on it I was shocked to see none of it came out.

thanks again

cwcad
02-26-2005, 08:32 PM
do you see these bubbles? if you see them than diregard what i have to say because i do not have any experience with that situation.

do you feel them? if you do...do you have any clay bars? i would try claying the area and use a detail sray for lubricant or a soapy water solution and go over those areas. after you are done claying wipe the area with a detail spray and mf towel then go back to your polishing.

to check and see if the claying is doing any good put your hand in a sandwich bag going over the area before and after the clay. you should be able to feel the difference in the area that has been clayed.

genes
02-26-2005, 08:37 PM
I clayed an area and it didn`t help. I read on a post that perhaps it is fine dust that got painted over. Now what? I just went out and rechecked and it sure feels like small bubbles everywhere. The door has cracked bondo on it so perhaps it was taken to somewho that didn`t do too good of a repainting and body work....

cwcad
02-26-2005, 08:53 PM
since i am not able to give any more advice for your situation my only hope is that someone with more expertise can help you. sounds like a real bummer!!

togwt
02-27-2005, 03:14 PM
It could be rust, the ferrous metal you removed would have acted as a conduit for water to reach the metal under the paint and cause rust blooms (bubbles) A photo of the paint surface would help greatly as I/we are just guessing what is causing this from words.

JonM