PDA

View Full Version : Finally! I think I really have a directly comparable before and after shot of my car

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
02-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Before:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/8781999_mazda_before-med.jpg

After 20+ hours of polishing over the last 15 or so months:

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/878my626_after1-med.jpg

I think this is as close to the same angle and sun conditions as I am going to get 15 months after the first picture. Souveran is the lsp (over Shokar and Pink Wax) in this shot.

Ed Hartman
02-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Nice..A+

RedondoV6
02-26-2005, 12:31 PM
We should direct every noob to this thread to SHOW what we mean by good prep being the main factor in getting a show car finish.

You could use just about any LSP on that paint now and it would still look better than 95% of the vehicles on the road.

Awesome pics Scott!

cwcad
02-26-2005, 12:43 PM
wonderful comparison pics. love the look. something that i hope to emulate.

as i am learning i have a question or two.

first, is there a reason that the first picture is with a flash and the second does not have a flash? or do they both have flash?

second, is that soveran liquid or paste?

03COBRA
02-26-2005, 01:33 PM
Yeah the wheels and tires look much better, when are you going to work on the paint!:rofl

Looks good. A little more sun on the second pic would be better, but it`s a great comparison!

Scottwax
02-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by cwcad

first, is there a reason that the first picture is with a flash and the second does not have a flash? or do they both have flash?

second, is that soveran liquid or paste?

No flash in either picture, the paint was so bad it really didn`t even look black in the direct sun. I think the sun may be a little higher in the sky in the second picture, I didn`t have my junior astronomy guide with me to check to be sure. The color of the paint really did noticably change after so much polishing.

I used Souvearn paste.

cwcad
02-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

No flash in either picture, the paint was so bad it really didn`t even look black in the direct sun. I think the sun may be a little higher in the sky in the second picture, I didn`t have my junior astronomy guide with me to check to be sure. The color of the paint really did noticably change after so much polishing.

I used Souvearn paste.

thanks !! if you do not ask...you do not find out.

appreciate the response

JeffM
02-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Nice work for sure. It looks to me like there is some scratches on the door that are pretty deep. How did you remove those? PC or rotary?

Scottwax
02-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by JBM

Nice work for sure. It looks to me like there is some scratches on the door that are pretty deep. How did you remove those? PC or rotary?

I did most by PC but I also used the cyclo I borrowed on it too. Last polishing session consisted of #80 with a Meguiars polishing pad and AIO with a blue Propel finishing pad.

SilverLexus
02-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Looks like a different car Scott. :xyxthumbs

Nothing quite like Souveran for liquid wet blacks...

mtodde
02-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by SilverLexus

Looks like a different car Scott. :xyxthumbs

Nothing quite like Souveran for liquid wet blacks...

:werd: You really wouldn`t think they are the same car. As Lee says, "great work from the Master."

Carl Anderson
02-26-2005, 03:42 PM
This is what it is all about. Incredible transformation Scott.

mickg
02-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Simply outstanding work by a master at his craft.........

Concur with what RedondoV6 said.

Pats300zx
02-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Awesome work Scott....:bow

Scottwax
02-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Thanks guys! :)

I think one of the reasons the paint looks different (not just now being scratch, scuff, paint transfer and spider swirl free) is that I took that picture after using Meguiars Swirl Free Polish on the rear fender, I hadn`t used any LSP on it at that point. The paint was just bright and black with no real depth.