View Full Version : newb here with questions

Pages : [1] 2

SayNoToPistons
02-25-2005, 11:26 PM
hi this is going to be my first post, im new to the car keeping/detailingthing since i finally got a decent car (2001 Infiniti QX4 in good condition with only minor paint chips and scratches) . i have some questions about Klasse All-in-one that im going to order soon. here are my questions:

1) about how much should (oz) be used for an average Mid-size SUV?

2) how long would it last with only one coat after?

3) can i only use the All-in-one without the Sealent glaze?

thats all. nice forum BTW:)

White95Max
02-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Yes Klasse AIO can be used without SG. It works great with every sealant/wax I`ve tried it with.

In reference to your #2 question...are you asking how long AIO would last with one coat of sealant applied afterward? Or how long would one coat of AIO last?

SayNoToPistons
02-25-2005, 11:38 PM
oh i was asking how long would one coat last. i usually wash when my car every 2 weeks and no more than that. and i live in the city and this is my daily driver.

White95Max
02-25-2005, 11:47 PM
AIO claims to leave "long-lasting protection" behind, but I never leave it untopped. I would recommend putting a wax or sealant on top of AIO. If you`re looking for optimal durability, go with a sealant. If you prefer optimal gloss/depth of shine, go with a carnauba wax.

So in other words, I don`t know how long an untopped coat of AIO would last, since I`ve never left it untopped.

SayNoToPistons
02-25-2005, 11:50 PM
what kind of carnauba wax do you reccomend? and it would work better than the Klasse SG?

White95Max
02-26-2005, 12:04 AM
My favorite Carnauba is Pinnacle Paste Glaz.

Some others that I have not tried, but heard great reviews of, include:

P21S Paste Wax

S100 Paste Wax

1Z Glanz Wax

You can also check the reviews section at the top of the page. Click on "Review!"

SayNoToPistons
02-26-2005, 12:17 AM
thanks. i have another question. i have a deep scratch on my lift gate (a whole sq inch scratch) made by the previous owner of my QX4. its so deep that some of the scratch went to bare metal but not a lot of it, i can see it went through all the clearcoat though. what should i do about it, i waxed it just to protect it from rusting since its winter and its snowing. should i take it to a car detailer? but then i dont really trust car detailors since ive seen a few messed up pretty badly with a different color paint. and what are they going to take away the scratch with? paint it over?

White95Max
02-26-2005, 12:27 AM
For that scratch, a professional might be able to fix it with touchup paint. It would probably be possible to do it yourself, but since your new to this stuff, you might be better of letting a professional do it.

SayNoToPistons
02-26-2005, 12:31 AM
okone last thing. i keep on getting emails everytime someone replies to my thread. how do i turn it off in the CP?

salty
02-26-2005, 12:35 AM
The scratch repair depends on how in depth you want to go. Prime it- paint it- sand it- polish it- wax it. Pick your starting point. Or get a chip repair outfit to do it. Or get to know a quality detailer and use their services and knowledge to better your vehicle.

salty
02-26-2005, 12:37 AM
There are various threads on this subject, search.

salty
02-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Silver can be an easy match, white and black are usually the easist.

SayNoToPistons
02-26-2005, 03:54 AM
i got some cheap MF from costco which is a 20/80. you guys think i will cause any damage by drying the car after a car wash with these (or washing a car when my lamb wool wash mitt dies). or even maybe buffing (i was assuming that it would scratch after hearing all the horror stories about it making swirl marks so i didnt bother buffing with these)?

JeffM
02-26-2005, 08:30 AM
Rub the towel on a cd, if it scratches it, then it could scratch your car.

After i have washed and rinsed my car i like to take off the nozel and let the stream of water rinse it again. This will sheet alot of the water off, making drying the vehicle alot easier.

SayNoToPistons
02-26-2005, 12:44 PM
will i be abe to buff with these MF towels when removing AIO?

(sorry shouldve made this thread in the autopia university, i just relised that, the title too lol)