PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Shop questions

rundatrack
11-24-2004, 02:32 PM
For those guys that have similar weather like Ny how do or what do you do to survive the winters....

Do you survive on the dealership accounts or find another way to generate revenue...?

Bob
11-24-2004, 02:40 PM
For those guys that have similar weather like Ny how do or what do you do to survive the winters....

Do you survive on the dealership accounts or find another way to generate revenue...?

Believe it or not, we actually do a decent amount of details in the winter. You need to offer a winter special of some sort and it will bring people to you.

Dealer acounts are always good too.

rundatrack
11-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Believe it or not, we actually do a decent amount of details in the winter. You need to offer a winter special of some sort and it will bring people to you.

Dealer acounts are always good too.

Well let me rephrase that ....there was a lot of snow these last few winters...wanted to know how ya get business..?

Bob
11-24-2004, 03:03 PM
Well let me rephrase that ....there was a lot of snow these last few winters...wanted to know how ya get business..?

Like I said, make winter specials. Give them a good price for the winter. Offer something like cheap prices on an interior and exterior package or even offer up a monthly package were they could buy it and then come every month for a cleaning.

detailbarn
11-24-2004, 06:24 PM
I keep busy through the winter , most of my regular customers realize that their car needs the most protection in the winter. I get a few new customers or one timers when the snow melts and all the salt is stuck to the cars. Honestly I`d have to say the only part of my business that slows down in the winter is the pressure washing and thats becasue I shut it down in December and don`t start up again until Feb-March.