PDA

View Full Version : white polish pad that came w/ pc

joyriide1113
11-24-2004, 02:26 PM
do any of u use the polishing pad that came with the pc. and if so for what type of application, wax? compound, polish? i was sooo eager to see how the pc feel gliding on a car that i quick detailed a part of the hood. applied some 3m show car liquid wax to the polishing pad that came with the pc (i didnt wanna dirty any of my new pads until i detail it one of these days). and began to polish at speed 1, 2, and 3. i wiped off the wax using a micro fiber and i kinda noticed some scratches. the sun was brightly raining on my hood so maybe that brought em out. my car already had some scratches but i guess sinc ei just used the pc i`m paranoid... any pinions on this?

kimwallace
11-24-2004, 02:29 PM
The white pad is pretty safe ... I have used it for some final polishes and it worked fine. The scratches could have already been there or the pad could have picked up some dirt if the finish wasn`t clean before starting.

Holyghostfilled
11-24-2004, 02:36 PM
I use mine with a MF bonnet but use white pads for final polishes as well.

Did you clay the area? That could have brought a bit of small scratches...:dunno

Daniel
:ghost

joyriide1113
11-24-2004, 02:37 PM
but u dont think its the way i used the pc right. i didnt apply no pressure at all instead just hovered over it. i plan on doing a full detail these coming days involving

clay
ssr1- orange light-cutting pad
AIO- white polishing pad
KLASSE SG 2x- GREY PAD
souveren-grey pad

i just hope i dont make any new swirld. i repeat. i dont apply any pressure at all. i just pretty much let the machines own wieight do it while try to just hover it over the paint.

can i get some reassurance here?

JaredPointer
11-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Sounds safe to me. I would even venture out on a limb to say it`s okay to use a little pressure.

Holyghostfilled
11-24-2004, 02:46 PM
For what you`ve told us and shown the PC speed and technique is fine if not conservative...ran mine up to 5.5 on many occasions :)

Clay the surface and do the plastic bag test and redo it and you`ll see the difference;)

Daniel
:ghost

joyriide1113
11-24-2004, 03:02 PM
thanks guys... ima go set things up but first need to check the forecast