PDA

View Full Version : #7`s place in the arsenal?

imported_dpeezy415
02-24-2005, 08:57 PM
I have used this product after polishing then following with a carnauba.

I have used it as a pre-polish via recommendation from Mike Phillips.

And have used it on my car`s new paint a few times because it is new paint safe.

And I loved it every time...

Now, with a plethora of new products on the way I`m having trouble fitting it into the arsenal.

My new idea would be to put it on top of a sealant before wax, or maybe just `glaze the lines`, the areas that pop off in the light like curves, indentions, etc, then wax. (Have i caught the bug YET?)

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Thomas Dekany
02-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Put it under the sealant. Great product!

termigator
02-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by tdekany

Put it under the sealant. Great product!

What about under Blackfire?

Thomas Dekany
02-24-2005, 10:38 PM
what # step is that?

termigator
02-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Blackfire is a synthetic polymer sealant. It has no #. There`s debate on whether the oils in glazes will keep Blackfire from adhering to the paint or not.

Thomas Dekany
02-24-2005, 11:18 PM
try it. It will not last as a LSP for long. I wouldn`t put it between sealant & wax.

a.k.a. Patrick
02-25-2005, 01:06 AM
I`d go for it under the BF. Ive used VM under BF and UPP with success. If durability isnt an issue, whats the worry?

steck
03-02-2005, 04:21 AM
traditionally, #7 will precede your Sealant or LSP.

however,, I`ve heard of it being used over top of the LSP for a short blast of extraordinary shine and shimmer. expect it to last a weekend show....hence the term `show car glaze`

cant find #7, then use `step 2` polish in Meg`s deep crystal line....I believe they are almost identical products.

Accumulator
03-02-2005, 12:32 PM
I`ve gradually dropped Meg`s "pure polishes" for the most part. I`ll still use them on fresh paint and occasionally on the Jag`s single stage, but for the most part I just don`t have a use for them any more.