PDA

View Full Version : Tim allen car wash

zevo
02-24-2005, 07:43 PM
I live in suburban Detroit, and Tim Allen is opening a car wash about a mile or two from my house. It`s one of those "soft cloth" car washes. However, this one uses only lambswool for anything that touches your car. It also has some Dupont substance they will spray on your car that is supposed to make it resist dirt. Has anyone ever heard of this type of setup before. In case you`re wondering, I don`t take my car to auto washes.

White95Max
02-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Is he using a 5000HP pressure washer to wash the cars? :)

If they are claiming to spray a Teflon coating on the car, it`s BS. It won`t bond to the paint like people are lead to believe.

TW85 HHI
02-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Tim Allen is a car nut. I`d be more likely to use a car wash of his but it doesn`t mean his employees will give even a rats ***...

sQuashed
02-24-2005, 08:27 PM
And the lambswool will get real dirty fast... Maybe Al will clean it up for Tim?

MongooseGA
02-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Or Al`s mother. She could use the exercise.

Jay Leno is also a car nut, but the finishes on his cars aren`t anything we would enjoy looking at (atleast in my eyes. The normal person would think they were fine).

TW85 HHI
02-24-2005, 08:47 PM
If that is true about Leno`s cars, that is funny because doesn`t he pay six figures per year to a detailer? LOL

MongooseGA
02-24-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by TW85 HHI

If that is true about Leno`s cars, that is funny because doesn`t he pay six figures per year to a detailer? LOL

Ask Scott[wax]. He and a group of buddies went to see the collection of Leno`s cars and said they picked apart the finishes all day.

zevo
02-24-2005, 10:16 PM
I`m not sure if the chemical they put on is teflon based or not, but I don`t believe it would work. Apparently they will offer some type of guarantee. I think the place will be better than most car washes and it looks top notch, but I won`t take my baby through it (maybe my wifes SUV though).

wannafbody
02-24-2005, 10:27 PM
if Tim Allen owns it the water pressure might be so high it would take the paint off with the dirt:D

audipower
02-25-2005, 01:13 AM
I`ve seen several of Leno`s cars under auction lights and man they had alot of flaws. My uncle talks with him a couple times a year. I`ve meet him once in Scottsdale AZ. I asked him if he was hiring. He laughed but told me to send a application and portfolio. He pays a salary of 100,000 depending on your skills. I think he pays 60,000 for basic detailing. No wet sanding and body work.

Tim "the tool man" Taylor I guess is hurting for money. Probably picked up that crack habit again.