PDA

View Full Version : LSP on dark blue metallic?

TGates
02-24-2005, 10:56 AM
I have a 2005 GTO on order in Midnight Blue Metallic. I currently have K-Twins, Zaino, Souveran, #16, S100, and NXT. I am considering EX-P as a sealant as well, but I don`t have any as of now.

I will probably use AIO, then a couple of layers of SG, then either NXT, S100, or Souveran. Durability isn`t my main concern, since this is my personal car, I will be giving it plenty of attention.

Between the NXT, Souveran, #16, and S100, what would you use on a daily driver? I don`t want too much dust accumulation.

holland_patrick
02-24-2005, 11:19 AM
I sould say just keep with the sealant`s then rather then going with a sticky wax.. but that is just my opion I found out this winter that the baja(UPP/WG) is doing betterwith the sand/dust then the jeep(PIN SIG) .

TGates
02-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by holland_patrick

I sould say just keep with the sealant`s then rather then going with a sticky wax.. but that is just my opion I found out this winter that the baja(UPP/WG) is doing betterwith the sand/dust then the jeep(PIN SIG) .

I would tend to agree with that in the winter months, but during the late spring, summer, and early fall, I would like to go with a wax on top of a sealant, if for no other reason than the simple pleasure of working with the car/products that much more :woot:

wannafbody
02-24-2005, 06:13 PM
IMO skip the NXT on dark blue-Tropicare looks really nice on dark blue mettalic-Wolfgang would be another good looker-between the 2 i`d say TC is the more durable based on other posts

tripper_11
02-24-2005, 06:47 PM
From what you already have, why not try:

AIO + Zaino + #16/S100

Since durability is not your main concern, I see no wrong topping Zaino with a Carnauba.

Or, since you want to try some products not in your list, like EX-P, why not try FMJ instead? I haven`t used it, but seen it on a friend`s car. Seems like a sealant with carnauba look. Just in my Opinion.

rollman
02-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Personally speaking EX looks better on dark colors . EX-P looks great on light metallic`s.

Souveran should look great on your Midnight blue.

TGates
02-24-2005, 07:24 PM
I would certainly be willing to try FMJ, EX-P, and even WG. Too many choices. I`m not too fond of the KSG, and I like Zaino, but would like to try something else just for fun. The reason I like NXT so much is because, when used as an LSP, it is so easy to go back and put on another coat to take care of that pesky drying induced marring that is so common, no matter how careful you are in drying. I think that`s why I`m so partial to NXT, despite the availability of better "boutique" LSP`s and sealants that may offer better durability. They just don`t have the forgiveness of NXT in my opinion.

ZaneO
02-24-2005, 07:37 PM
I sure wish I was waiting on a MBM Goat...I`ve been looking at them a lot lately.

I`d go AIO/Souveran in the summer and AIO/Zaino in the winter.

TGates
02-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by ZaneO

I sure wish I was waiting on a MBM Goat...I`ve been looking at them a lot lately.

I`d go AIO/Souveran in the summer and AIO/Zaino in the winter.

This is kind of what I was thinking. Do you still have to use Z1 before Z2, if you prep the paint with AIO? Or is Z1 a necessity for Z2 to bond correctly, regardless of paint prep/condition?

TGates
02-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Well I`ve been thinking, and I`m not sure I want to go with a carnauba as an LSP due to dust accumulation.

Which would you prefer between WG sealant, FMJ, 4* UPP, or Poorboy`s EX/EX-P? How do all of these compare and is one of them more suited towards this color?

wannafbody
02-24-2005, 10:13 PM
get the best of both worlds Tropicare TC3, Wolfgang or FMJ topped with NXT booster wax-the booster wax should fill in any micromarring

beastie
02-24-2005, 11:15 PM
I have a sapphire blue metallic car. Klasse twins and twins topped with Souveran are the combos that work best on it. I tried S100 over K twins and hated it for this color. I`m currently using NXT paste over Ktwins (SGx5) and while it looks excellent, it is a step below my preferred combos. NXT has a short range glow good only to about 20 feet out. Farther than that, not so impressive.

Pics:

http://autopia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=6154&cat=500&thumb=1

Scottwax
02-25-2005, 12:15 AM
Honestly, I really like NXT on dark metallic blue.

#9 and NXT both applied with a polishing pad.

http://www.scottwax.com/images/shine/2003_Escalade_EXTbluehood_small.jpg

All the other suggestions sound good too. ;)