PDA

View Full Version : AutoGlym Radiant Wax Polish

Pages : [1] 2

opass
02-24-2005, 03:04 AM
How aggressive is the Autoglym radiant wax polish comparing with Klasse AIO? Are they pretty much carry the same stuff? Can I use this Autoglym product first and then Klasse SG?

Richt
02-24-2005, 03:20 AM
Autoglym Radiant Wax Polish is the same product as Autoglym Super Resin Polish. The Radiant Wax Polish is the trade version available in larger sizes. Until some Autopians on here discovered a almost Klasse like product in the UK AG was the closest we had to Klasse. Im sure people on here have tried KSG and Autoglym.

togwt
02-24-2005, 08:04 AM
1960s- A German manufacturers Car-Lack (Klasse in US) and a European company Autoglym formulated synthetic sealant (acrylic resin) car care products. Mercedes-Benz dealerships used the Klasse sealant, while Jaguar and various other English automobile manufacturers used Autoglym products

Klasse has remained a `sealant du jour` in US; Autoglym has always been the second string

JonM

opass
02-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Can I use the Auto Radiant Wax Polish to replace Klasse AIO as the first step, add Klasse SG over it for wait overnight and then add P21s wax at the end??????

I am confuse by the name, Radiant Wax Polish. Does it contain "wax"? If it does, putting Klasse SG over it can cause adhere problem, right? The label does not say anything and kind of uncomfortable adding acrylic stuff over wax?

"""Autoglym Radiant Wax Polish is the same product as Autoglym Super Resin Polish. The Radiant Wax Polish is the trade version available in larger sizes. 1960s- A German manufacturers Car-Lack (Klasse in US) and a European company Autoglym formulated synthetic sealant (acrylic resin) car care products. """"

Why AutoGlym named this product with word, wax? When it contain with acrylic resin, pretty confusing?

gkerr4
02-24-2005, 12:29 PM
TOGWT - are yousure that AG SRP is an acrylic formula?

That would mean that SRP and AIO are almost the same thing - confirming what some on here have thought for a while. Would this equate EGP to SG then?

hmm....

benpocock
02-24-2005, 12:35 PM
I thought the Super-Glym Polish was the trade version of Super Resin Polish.

gkerr4, I think SRP is more resin/acrylic than it is wax otherwise EGP would have issues bonding to it. I`ve always assumed SRP to be the equivalent to AIO, and EGP the equivalent to KSG.

It doesn`t bother me now though because my AIO turned up from the US last week (seems ridiculous ordering a product from the US that as gone past the UK to get there in the first place!).

Ben

togwt
02-24-2005, 12:38 PM
While I was writing articles for Autoglym I asked and was told

`Auto Radiant Wax Polish` is the professional (read larger pakaging) version

JonM

benpocock
02-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Fair enough - having had a look at their website is says Super-Glym can be used through a sprayer which definitely means it`s not SRP!

Ben

515colfelt
02-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Hi there!

Just to add my experience, the SRP seems very different to AIO in consistency,smell and most importantly abrasiveness. The AIO is very much a chemical cleaner, but SRP has a definite "cut". I use AIO in preference now and have tried EGP on top of it. This works well and is easier to remove than SG. Superglym polish is a very light almost "PDI" prep for new cars etc. I didn`t particularly get on with it as I found it smeared.

I`m using #26 on top of AIO at the moment and this seems a nice combo.

Peter

Lowejackson
02-24-2005, 03:47 PM
What is the differnce between the pro range and the bodyshop line?

515colfelt
02-24-2005, 03:56 PM
I assume the bodyshop line is much more geared to curing paint defects- never used much of this as we didn`t have a bodyshop.

I always found that that the trade versions mirrored the regular consumer stuff.

We`ve just started using "Concept" products so we`ll see how these go.

safetyman2010
02-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by TOGWT

While I was writing articles for Autoglym I asked and was told

`Auto Radiant Wax Polish` is the professional (read larger pakaging) version

JonM

What kind of articles were you ariting for Autoglym? I met a few guys from the Autoglym office in England last year when they attempted to open Autoglym Canada. Barry sound famailiar? I believe he was involved in the training side of the business for the US market. I cannot easily get any of their products except for the bodyshop polishing products which are private labeled fro Norton Abrasives (they are excellent).

Richt
02-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by BenP

I thought the Super-Glym Polish was the trade version of Super Resin Polish.

Ben

No Superglym is Pink in colour, and has little or no cut. It is not as easy to remove as SRP, can send a sample to you if you wish. I dont like it.

Richt
02-24-2005, 05:12 PM
Lots Of AG products in the Pro Line mirror consumer Line products in larger sizes with different names.

AG Super Resin- Radiant Wax 12

AG Extra Gloss - Liquid Hard Wax 1

AG Vinyl And Rubber - Super Sheen 17

AG Bumper Care - Plastic Conditer 39B

AG Glass Polish - Glass Clener 9

Richt
02-24-2005, 05:14 PM
If any on has access to other AG Pro range products, look at Rubber Plus, Autogloss Rinse.