PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove hair from the headliner?

accordmaniac
02-23-2005, 05:49 PM
Hi everybody. Today I finally got my hair cut. While I was in my car I accidentally bumbed my head on the headliner while I was doing a u-turn. Now there are small pieces of hair stuck to the headliner and I don`t know how to get it out. The last time that happened was in my mom`s car and I tried getting them out but not only did I fail but I got them stuck into the threads even tighter. Somebody help me.

seracis
02-23-2005, 05:53 PM
try masking tape, wrap a loop around your hand and pat the headliner.

FryeBaby
02-23-2005, 06:04 PM
I agree with Seracis, I detailed a clients car and they take their dogs everywhere. The dog hair was stuck all over the SUV. I couldn`t get to come loose vacuuming so I wrapped duck tape around my hands and started patting everything in sight. It worked great but it takes time. Hope the tape works for you, Wes

togwt
02-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by seracis

try masking tape, wrap a loop around your hand and pat the headliner.

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Do not put any pressure on the headliner or they will `fall` down the clips that hold them are very fragile and its a PITA to re-install a headliner

JonM

NEW AGAIN
02-23-2005, 07:19 PM
Lint roller @ Wally world

AutoNova
02-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Sm Arnold sells a K-9 mit that works well. Hopefully the new Extractor brush form Meg`s will help.

bufferman71
02-23-2005, 10:22 PM
The K-9 mitt also works great for removing lint from a brand new wool pad. It works off static electricity.