PDA

View Full Version : Quick Details - v. 330ci and S4

Pages : [1] 2 3

stilez
02-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Just a couple of quick details, just using a new technique. I bought a 2 gallon sprayer from Home Depot. It`s the big cylinder style with the hose and wand. You pump it to get pressure. Anyways, filled that with 1 oz QEW and the rest water. I find that its an EXCELLENT pre-soak for a QEW wash. It helps wash away/emulsify loose dirt, especially important this time of year.

So I presoaked, then did the 2 bucket QEW method over the entire vehicle. I washed down the rims, tires, wells, and then sprayed Gliptone Carnauba Body Gloss (3 spritz per panel) and dried with a WW MF. Such a great combo, IMO. The Body Gloss helps make the surface slick for drying and helps reduce the chance of wash induced marring. It also adds a nice carnauba glow and adds slickness too. I did NOT notice any streaking on windows. All in all, a great little regimen for a quick wash. BnB on the tires/wells (don`t mind the S4 wells).

Before

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/DSC04310.jpg

After

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/DSC04312.jpg

Before

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/DSC04366.jpg

After

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/2005/DSC04367.jpg

Any questions, I`d be glad to answer.

andriver
02-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Sean, very nice. Is the sprayer the type that is used for insect pesticide?

MongooseGA
02-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Presoak, meaning you let it sit on the car before washing? How long?

The Bimmer looks awesome! I think BMW is one the the only companies to pull off light silver that well. :up:

stilez
02-23-2005, 04:19 PM
GA: Soaked for about 5 minutes. Pretty much I took my time spraying it starting at the passenger side fender. Once I got all the way around, I started washing at the passenger side fender.

Yeah the Silver was glowing nice...BMW did an excellent job on that color...Almost made me want silver...ooof, scary. :)

andriver: Thanks, yup the type for spraying pesticide. Mine is the brand "RoundUp". It was around $20

andriver
02-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Sean, very innovative!

holland_patrick
02-23-2005, 05:14 PM
Excellent job as always Nice to see your keeping up the good work in bad weather...

Nick M
02-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Fabulous results :xyxthumbs

That Audi looks like my own car at the moment, peppered with salt spray (no pun intended) :p

zainoshine
02-23-2005, 05:50 PM
I`ve always wanted to try that pump sprayer, could never find one.

Where do you get the Gliptone stuff?

imported_ajbarnes
02-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Excellent job on both cars!!:xyxthumbs I was thinking about getting a sprayer also. I was about to purchase the 4 gallon back pack sprayer at Lowe`s. I also was going to get it for the same reason you used your`s for. I guess I have another reason to purchase one.:)

stilez
02-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Thank you :)

Carl: Gliptone is a NY based company. You can check out their site: www.gliptone.com and find the nearest retailer.

AJ: I was very happy about the investment. It takes a bit of the scare out of QEW...Especially on a dirtier surface.

1 Clean WS6
02-23-2005, 06:58 PM
German HOTNESS Sean!! :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

From what I remember when I detailed an S4 the wheels wells have that carpet type stuff in them...not sure how the heck you would go about dressing them??? :nixweiss

I saw the Gliptone line at a Pep Boys when I was in Milford CT for the holidays visiting family. That is the only time I have seen it as it is not carried by the the local auto parts stores here in GA.

n2_space
02-23-2005, 07:30 PM
I started doing the presoak with a sprayer this year too :lol I bought a 3 gallon stanley one. I also use it on the wheel wells. I also got a couple pressurized garden sprayers from Target on clearance that are 48oz bottles for spraying a QEW mix on the car prior to washing it. Works out great :)

GoodnClean
02-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 1 Clean WS6

From what I remember when I detailed an S4 the wheels wells have that carpet type stuff in them...not sure how the heck you would go about dressing them??? :nixweiss

Ugh, the rear wells on my car have that and I HATE it, you have to either spray them down with a pressure washer or go at them by hand with a brush. I can`t see the point of them...

Great details! Have you used WAUD to compare it to the Gliptone stuff?

MongooseGA
02-23-2005, 08:08 PM
What `carpet` type stuff?

The wells in my Lexus have a `Line-X` sort of texture, like a spray in liner. Is that what you`re talking about?

GoodnClean
02-23-2005, 08:09 PM
No Lexus didn`t used to do it, I`ll see if I can find a picture somewhere. The wells are made of a felt type carpet material that all kinds of gunk just clings to.