PDA

View Full Version : Please critique me Plan of Attack

lorsbach
02-23-2005, 11:42 AM
I have finally ordered all of my products and was looking for some opinions and advice. These products will be used for detailing a show bike. Harley Davidson with custom paint and tons of chrome. The paint is black with metallic flames and im looking for opinions on what steps to really make the flames pop. I have the following products and have a few questions about what to use where. I have purchased S100 SEPC, total cycle cleaner, paste wax and quick detail. I have just ordered pakshak towels applicators(mf and foam)and klasse aio, vm, poorboys spray and wipe, quickshine, lexol leather goods.

Here is my question. When should I use AIO and when should i use vm? I have heard good about both so decided to try both. I think it will be a waste of time to wax teh chrome due to the fact that i ride the bike often and it will just melt and protection off. But i was thinking of using either AIO or vm for that occasional deep cleaning and polishing of all teh chrome. i think i will skip the SEPC and use AIO topped with S100 paste wax for the paint. Should I have orderd SG, I have heard that it is difficult to use and I am fairly new to this level of detailing.

I only wash teh bike 3 to 4 times per year when it is too dirty to QD. When I do i use s100 total cycle cleaner so i know i will have to repeat all protection steps. But i usually QD before each ride. I will probably use the S&W followed with Quickshine. Is this combo good for the chrome as well? ESpecially the motor since it gets pretty hot. I will probably top with a coat of S100 paste every month on the paint.

If you guys could let me know what you think of my ideas and any advice on using the products i have choosen. Thanks.

lorsbach
02-23-2005, 12:10 PM
15 views no replies thanks guys.

Glossequation
02-23-2005, 12:16 PM
make it 16 views and no reply. You post this and 28 minutes later you complain there are no replies...W-T-F?

Wasatch
02-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Your steps are very good as planned. I think AIO and VM are inter-changeable, AIO might have more cleaning abilities. SG is an excellent product, but a PITA sometimes to remove. Might try some 4* UPP, or Poorboy`s EX-P both excellent products. PBs Spray & Wipe and Clearkote`s QS should be just fine on the chrome. I use Stoners IG on chrome after doing the glass.

lorsbach
02-23-2005, 12:29 PM
I have heard that AIO has more cleaning power, but VM leaves more protection behind. if this is true I was thinking of using AIO on paint and chrome that needs more cleaning. And using VM on the chrome to offer a little protection after polishing. Just a thought. I ordered both and will probably experiment a little with each. Thanks for the reply.

P.S. I have not heard of Stoners IG. A little info onit would be appreciated.

raymond_ho2002
02-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Stoner`s invisible glass. it`s a glass cleaner in an aerosol can available in a lot of stores like kragen (overpriced), target, walmart..

Accumulator
02-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Lorsbach- Don`t feel bad about the lack of replies, sometimes my Qs sit unanswered for a long time. I *like* to think that nobody has a good answer and I`d rather get nothing than some *wrong* answer.

Heh heh, I really don`t know from detailing motorcycles :o but...

I tend to agree about the heat buring the wax off, but that might be an argument against the VM too, at least on the stuff that gets hot. I *think* I`d try to get some high-temp polymer (maybe SG, or BF or something like that) on the chrome. But you *would* have to watch what you use to clean it lest you just clean off the product along with the grime.

On the flames, I get the most "pop", at least from metallic paints, but using 1z (pro version) MP topped with 4-star UPP. But it`s not like the S100 (over their cleaner, or VM, or AIO) won`t look great.

dschribs
02-23-2005, 02:56 PM
lorsbach

For your chrome..

Although I haven`t tried it, this stuff gets great reviews around the classic car show circuit where I live. Plus, they give a 25% discount if you send them an empty (EMPTY no less...) competitors product...

if you do try it, a review would be great.

Chrome Polish and hot environment polish (http://www.englishcustompolishing.com/usca/hotchrome.html)

MongooseGA
02-23-2005, 03:02 PM
It took a while to get replies because there are about 6 other "what process should I use to give my vehicle the best shine" threads circulating. :rolleyes:

Do some experimenting. You`ll come to find that you may not like the advice given to you here, and that your own ideas/processes are more to your liking. :)