PDA

View Full Version : Rain Clear?

DAC17
02-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Anyone try this new product yet? Supposedly made by the originator of RainX, after he sold that product to a bigger company.

smoky14
02-23-2005, 04:25 PM
Got some on order, should be here the end of the week. If all goes well I`ll get it on this weekend.:sosad

FryeBaby
02-23-2005, 06:08 PM
I just received mine but I haven`t tried it yet. I also bought the glass cleaner and the anti-fog. I like RainX and this is suppose to be better. I haven`t had much luck with anti-fog products but I will give this new a try from Rain Clear. Wes

AutoNova
02-23-2005, 09:31 PM
I used it yesterday and I like. I also used the scrub which is pretty cool. I applied a couple drops on a terry applicator and rubbed it into the winsheild until it was almost clear. Waited a few minutes and wiped off with an MF. Came clean and window looked great, no smearing, I think I am going to like it. The scrub would be easier used while washing the car when the windshield is wet.

kempie
02-23-2005, 11:14 PM
Just got mine from CMA and tonight I was in Meijers and they have it there also. I coulda saved the shipping,,,,,

wash-girl
02-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Are you referring to this stuff? http://www.amsoil.com/Storefront/ars.aspx

http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/images/ars.jpeg

If not, what does the product packaging look like? I`d like to look for it in the Meijer by me.

Eliot Ness
02-24-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by ZJ JIM 96

If not, what does the product packaging look like? I`d like to look for it in the Meijer by me.

http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/raclrare.html

wash-girl
02-24-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks. I think I`ve seen that before. Just never took note of the name.

smoky14
02-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Well I got mine and it went on like Vaseline and came off about the same. Maybe I used too much but it too me over 30min to get it where I could see out the windshield. I had to spray with water and went through 3 towels before I got there.

Now I didn`t use their pre-cleaner but I did start with clean windows, IG. If my results change when I use it on the ladies daily driver I`ll post again.

Smoky the disappointed

CASEY1
02-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Mine went on and came off like wheel bearing grease.

wash-girl
02-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Smoky14

Well I got mine and it went on like Vaseline and came off about the same. Maybe I used too much but it too me over 30min to get it where I could see out the windshield. I had to spray with water and went through 3 towels before I got there.

Now I didn`t use their pre-cleaner but I did start with clean windows, IG. If my results change when I use it on the ladies daily driver I`ll post again.

Smoky the disappointed

Originally posted by CASEY1 Mine went on and came off like wheel bearing grease.

Doesn`t seem like a pleasant product to apply. I wonder if the initial effort will pay off in performance and durability. I think I`ll wait on your follow-ups before trying this stuff out. My Rain-X is fine for now.

DantePasquale
02-25-2005, 02:53 PM
I tried both the cleaner and sealant a couple of days ago.

I applied the cleaner twice to driver`s side of windshield, once to passenger side. The glass was wet, and the cleaner did a good job, but after rinsing, on the driver`s side, the water remaining showed the path of the wiper, like there was still some residue left.

Anyway, dried the glass and applied the sealant. Spread on two dime size dollops of product with a waffle weave towel (only towel I had left that was clean). Let dry for 3 minutes. Product was very difficult to remove on glass where wiper stops its movement and reverses. Finally had to rub with wet waffle MF, followed by dry MF. This seemed to do the trick.

Over all, applying and removing was harder than applying the old Rain-x.

It rained this morning. Beading was ok, still needed to use wipers. AIO does a better job of cleaning and beading, IMHO.

Glad I tried it, not a bad product, but would not buy it again:nixweiss