PDA

View Full Version : the AirWand

imported_WCD
02-22-2005, 12:28 AM
I got one and tried it today. In betweeen the rain storms, I ran out front and plugged it in and used it over my two cars--no garage.

I didn`t use the shoulder strap which is why my hands and arms were getting sore, but with the blower on full speed, the water really did move off the car much like a touchless wash dryer. The thing I like the best is around emblems and mirrors- much more efficient than a ww towel. I think it will be good after a wash where I can then qd the car and go over with a mf.

Even if drying, only a small mf is needed afterwards, not a large ww towel as there was almost no water visible on the car. It also was faster than my normal ww routine.

I picked it up from the engineer who makes them so the price was right and it`s a fun gadget tool to have.

I would recommend buying the attachment for around $45 and then getting the blower on your own- saves a lot of weight in shipping. The engineer also said that he can make an adapter for about any blower and it wouldn`t be expensive.

I`m sure my neighbors will inquire about its use as I must have looked hilarious out there with the amount of rain we`ve had- US 101 is closed in LA because it`s under water.

Rob

Setec Astronomy
02-22-2005, 12:34 AM
And where do we buy it from, Rob?

imported_mrecktid
02-22-2005, 12:53 AM
I`d be interested in it too

imported_WCD
02-22-2005, 01:00 AM
Well, I bought it from www.theairwand.com

I`m going to add it to my stuff, but that would be spamming for a sale and I don`t dig people who do that- Plus, I think the price on the actual airwand site is the cheapest. He told me there are some distributors on the east coast that sell it for more, but some of you are closer so maybe shipping would not be that bad. You can contact him through the site.

If you have a leaf blower, tell him the model and he may be able to ship just the attachment for $39.99 with an adapter. Of course, I think having a blower only for drying your car is the best way to go- wouldn`t want any mulch fragments coming out that quickly and hitting the paint!

I know there is a Sear`s model number that fits. That is also on the site.

Thanks, Rob

roaringmouse
02-22-2005, 06:17 AM
check out the thread I started a few months ago.

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47390&highlight=Air+Wand

Bill D
02-22-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by WCD

If you have a leaf blower, tell him the model and he may be able to ship just the attachment for $39.99 with an adapter. Of course, I think having a blower only for drying your car is the best way to go- wouldn`t want any mulch fragments coming out that quickly and hitting the paint!

Yep, this makes it more interesting to try. In an arsenal of a $20 hose nozzle and $60 foam gun, might as well throw in the $40 blower attachment. All seem to be good tools of the trade. I hope it`s straight forward for the adapter to fit any blower.