PDA

View Full Version : Need detailing and product recommendations for my 300ZX?

ZCarGuy
02-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Well, my dad gave me his 91 Nissan 300ZX and I have always kept good care of it and cleaned it when he owned it. Now that it is mine, I would like to take it to the next level. I have used Megs Fine Cut Cleaner, Show Car Glaze, and NXT Tech Wax all applied with my PC. Here is that I have come up and others have recommended as the ultimate package for a black car. I would like to achieve great shine, depth, and great reflections:

NXT Wash

Pinnacle PolyClay System

#83 DACP

Menzerna Final Polish II

Pinnacle Souveran

P21S Pure Paste Wax.

Here are a couple pictures but I know it may be hard to tell the paint condition from them. The car has never been clayed but the finish is fairly smooth. There is a little bit of a haze that I would like to get rid of and some swirls and a couple light scratches.

http://image28.webshots.com/29/2/47/59/278424759DbgBOp_ph.jpg

http://image36.webshots.com/37/2/36/55/278423655tjSGjY_ph.jpg

(I know they look good but I couldn`t get a good shot to show the light swirls)

Anway, I am a perfectionist so I want my car to look its absolute best in the end. Any helps with product recommendations, tips, or anything like that would be great!

Thanks again,

-Ryan

White95Max
02-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by WannaGuards944

NXT Wash

Pinnacle PolyClay System

#83 DACP

Menzerna Final Polish II

Pinnacle Souveran

P21S Pure Paste Wax.

You don`t need to use P21S if you`re using Souveran first. They are both great waxes, but I would lean toward Souveran for a black car.

Nice car! :xyxthumbs

ZCarGuy
02-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Another question, what speeds should I set my PC at to apply the DACP and Menzerna?

Which MF cloths are best? I have heard place like PakShak are very good but what are the one you guys use?

Thanks again,

-Ryan

White95Max
02-21-2005, 06:45 PM
When I use polishes like DACP or Menzerna Intensive Polish (never used either of them, but have used similar ones) I use the PC on 4-5. Sometimes I find that the polish will dust quickly if you use speed 6.

I get all of my high-quality (used on paint) MF products from http://www.exceldetail.com

I get my cheap MFs from WalMart (glass cleaning, plastic polish, etc...)

imported_Axe
02-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Menzerna products tend not to dust at high speed, at least not straight away, I believe they were designed for rotary application in the first place, so they tend to take a while longer to break down to the dusting stage. At least that is my experience with IP and FPII

joburnet
02-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Personally I use DACP or any other polish on speed 6, it tends to work a lot better for removing defects. I start off applying pressure and at the end I just use the weight of the PC.

First of all, if the car is that old definatly clay the car, it really makes a big difference and I think you will be pleased. Any clay will do in my opinion.

After you clay you will definatly need to polish with either DACP, IP, or something similar to try and remove defects.

Now you have two different options, both different but very good.

option #1 - #81 hand polish/Wax

This tends to give you the deepest look I have found and is pretty amazing. I do an incredibly black bentley and this is the combo I use with Souverign. The durability is definatly lacking so your going to want to wax it often, as well as use multiple layers of wax.

option #2 - AIO/Wax

This is a combo that I love on pretty much any car. Always has very good reflections as well as depth. For increased durability you can add a layer or two of SG before the wax. Even without SG it will probably last 3 months or more in most conditions. You can`t go wrong with this combo.

As far as which wax to use, Souverign is generally the best but S100 and Natty`s are both very good and much cheaper.