PDA

View Full Version : Collinite at 8 days

Don
11-23-2004, 04:59 PM
On the 15th of this month, I found and tried Collinite for the first time. Original post here. (http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=8417&highlight=Don+Collinite)

Here`s the results after 8 days of a mix of light rain, fog and heavy down pours. Not to forget driving on the wet roads and getting splash from my own tires and the cars in front of me.

I washed the car with Megs CG wash. The surface still felt very slick under of the wash mitt. The final rinse was done using the flooding method. I have to say that the rinse water sheeted off increadibly fast and left small amounts of tight beads. The car was practically dry just using the flooding rinse.

One of the things I really noticed was that even the areas of "high wear" (behind the front tires and the leading edges of the front bumper) still sheeted water and beaded very well. Too, there seemed to be no loss of color & shine.

End results: So far so good.

NYV6Coupe
11-23-2004, 07:38 PM
I`ve done at least 10 washing (NXT) & had a few days of rain and the surface still beads like crazy, feels very slick too.

Very pleased with #476.

shotime
11-23-2004, 09:53 PM
I did a girl at work`s Explorer with #476 2 months ago and it`s still beading up like crazy, not much loss in slickness either. It`s stood up against farm mud (chemicals and s#it) for about a month when they harvest the fields around here, roads are covered in it. I put it on the roof of my truck when I first bought it (July) and it`s just now starting to give up a little smoothness.

TheSopranos16
11-23-2004, 10:14 PM
Wow! Ive never used Collinite but I continue to hear good things about it, especially for its durability and water sheeting abilities. Has anyone ever used #915 (not for nothing but where to they get these random numbers?!?!) Marque d`Elegance Wax? How does it compare to #476? Any better or just a waste of money?

ALAN81
11-24-2004, 07:49 AM
Show us a picture of Collinite after 30 days.this product doesn`t show any signs of faultering until 4 months depending weather conditions

NYV6Coupe
11-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Wow! Ive never used Collinite but I continue to hear good things about it, especially for its durability and water sheeting abilities. Has anyone ever used #915 (not for nothing but where to they get these random numbers?!?!) Marque d`Elegance Wax? How does it compare to #476? Any better or just a waste of money?

I`ve never used #915 but you can ask Collinite CS, they respond pretty quick

http://www.collinite.com/auto.htm

I`d be curious to know if #915 is as hard-in-the-can as #476 because #476 is so hard you can barely tell it`s been used after doing 3x layers, the surface of the wax is hardly cupped.

shotime
11-24-2004, 12:37 PM
I`ve used #915 for years. I think it looks better than #476 and smells way better, similar to Nattys (Coconut). I used it on a vehicle I routinely do ever year and it still beaded up a year later....of course the guy is 80+ and drives about 1000mi a year and is garaged all year. On my own vehicles I apply wax so often I can`t really comment on durability, only that I say it`s up there with #476. It`s applyed the same way, WO/WO.