PDA

View Full Version : Washed and Waxed 10 cars yesterday! 56K Beware!

blue-sun
02-20-2005, 06:31 PM
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720814 <--- see pics there

A fellow NASIOC member thought it would be a good idea to have a wash and wax day in the winter so people could have a clean and waxed car. So we found a local performance shop that let us have it there. This was Day 1 of 2 (day 2 is next sunday, another 10 cars)

As mentioned in that thread, all cars gotr washed and dried, then NXT applied via PC and a grey pad on 3. Tires got Hot Shine on them.

The Black STi got AIO via PC and a white pad. I wanted to see the swirl fighting ability that it had, and I was really amazed. I had trouble with the AIO going on to thickly, even though I applied the same amount to the pad as I usually do with NXT or DACP. I had to mist the car down with a QD and make 2-3 passes to get all the product off the car.

The black 3000GT was badly swirled and oxidized. and since I was on atime crunch (my helper decided not to show up or call me, so what should have been a busy day for 2 detailers was a CRAZY day for me alone.) So I just used the NXT on it. I was pretty pleased to see that it cleaned up the paint nicely and filled in some swirls (not alot, but enough to make the car look decent again) It could really have used DACP x2 and NXT to really pop, but at $25 a car, all he got was NXT.

I don`t know how Scottwax does more than 2 or 3 cars in a day, after 4 I was beat and by the end of the day, I was ready to pass out. . .I had leg muscles hurting that I didn`t know I even had!

David

eclipsegt05
02-20-2005, 06:37 PM
for the amount of time and cars you had, that is great work. Better rest up for round 2 !!

imported_eggroll
02-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Wow thats alot of work. The black sti looks really good. Have you tried nxt with a polishing pad? It has decent cleaning power that way.

At least you`ll know what to expect for next weekend lol. Stock up on gatorade for next time!

blue-sun
02-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Eggroll,

The other 9 cars got NXT with a finisihing pad. . .I know that NXT has filling abilities, as I saw in the 3000GT.

I`ll have to pick up another white pad to use with the NXT next time. . .

David

pocon1
02-20-2005, 07:57 PM
wow, what a shocker.

MaThGr82
02-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Damn and I am tired after just doing two cars today. I can`t imagine how pooped you are.

blue-sun
02-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Yah,

I`m still feeling the pain in my legs from that. I went out last night and bought a craftsman mechanic stool chair thingy, so hopefully it`ll help ease the pain on sunday.

My feet also burn, cuz they were completely soaked from 9 am until I got home around 7 pm. It feels almost like my entire foot is on fire!

Live and learn. . .I`m wearing waterproof boots on sunday, even if they aren`t as comfortable as sneakers. . .

http://blue-sun.net/Pics/WashNWaxDay1/WashNWaxDay1.html

There are a few other pics that I took there, if anyone`s interested.

gav'spurplez
02-21-2005, 03:52 PM
wow, that wasalot of work and they all came out great :xyxthumbs

where do you do this ?? is that at work or a garage of some sort ??

why so many subaru`s ?? :nixweiss :wavey

blue-sun
02-21-2005, 03:57 PM
This was done at a local tuner shop that specializes in Audi`s, VW`s, Porsche`s, Nissan`s and Subaru`s.

The reason there were soooo many Subaru`s was because the idea for and the sign up for the day was posted on NASIOC (North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club) and 3 other sites (MR2oc.com. Team-Integra.net and JGTCA.com) but for this date it was all NASIOC members. This sunday, there will be a SC300 and a MR2 Spyder, along with another assortment of Subaru`s. The MR2 guys and the Integra guys showed no interest in this event.

Prinz want`s me to post abuot this on the Maxima site, so I have to get with him to do that and organize a day there with them also. . .

Jonny_venus
02-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Damn, 10 cars??, your good !

PK

Asonyexec
02-21-2005, 06:52 PM
WOW that snow really jacks up cars doesn`t it? Glad to be in SO. CAL after viewing those pics -- although with all this non-stop raining, our cars are looking pretty the same (c`mon Thrs {end of storm} ) :D

blue-sun
02-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by PK1

Damn, 10 cars??, your good !

PK

yah, I am, thanks! :lol:

j/k.

It took ALOT out of me to do those 10 cars. . .towards the end, I was just thinking about my reputation on these boards and that this would get me more business this summer, and more $ for mods. . .