PDA

View Full Version : what polish to replace megs???

renton
02-20-2005, 12:09 PM
ive just used up the last bit of my meguiars stage 2 polish and am after somthing a bit better now if you can recommend somthing that is avalible in the uk???

so far my routine goes like this ....

wash with megs gold class wash, clay megs again, wash again , poorboys ssr2 , megs stage 1 paint cleaner , megs 2 polish and then gold class wax..

is polishing really nessecary after a paint cleaner or is it a waste of time as i can see no visual difference befora and after polishing???( somthing better prhaps??)

i sometimes apply autoglym egp befprs waxing aswell!!!

cheers in advance people!!!!!:D

PhilS
02-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Why not take a look at Clearkote`s Vanilla Mouse (VM). It`s both a mild paint cleaner and glaze in one. You can get it from Serious Performance (http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk).

You might want to top it with a better wax. You could try #16, Nattys, P21S or Carnauba Mouse Wax (not just Mouse Wax which is a cleaner wax and will strip the VM). Alex ( @ Serious Performance) sells all of these.

Cheers,

Phil

JaCkaL829
02-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Wouldn`t Megs stage 1 be pointless if the SSR2 is removing oxidation and old product build-up? I would use the SSRs to remove swirls than PwC or VM follwed up with a good wax. PhilS hit the target with his recommendations.

renton
02-20-2005, 12:56 PM
sorry what is PwC then ????

are you both saying that i can use a glaze straight on top of the ssr2 rather than paint cleaner and polish???

will the effects be more noticeable than the polish ???

my car is 2002 vw passat in metallic inky blue and i want to be able to notice the "metallict " bits in the paint!!!

JaCkaL829
02-20-2005, 01:31 PM
PwC = Poorboy`s Polish with Carnuaba

Both PwC and VM have cleaning properties. They are more or less like all-in-one products. They do light cleaning and have a little protection, unlike a real glaze. These products are kinda like a mix of the first two steps of Meguiars. I think SSRs, VM topped with EX-P or Nattys would look great on your passat. Do some searching for the VM/EX-P combo and you`ll find some nice results on metallic finishes.