PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z2Pro seems to attract dust

Pages : [1] 2

Mochamanz1
02-19-2005, 11:33 PM
I just used Z2Pro on my car, I have noticed that the dust deposit on it is unusually thick for just one day. We do not have a dusty condition, and my other cars doesnt seem to have much. The other cars have not been washed for several days. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem ? :confused:

ZaneO
02-19-2005, 11:47 PM
How do you care for your towels and applicators?

RedondoV6
02-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Mochamanz:

I put the old Z2, Z2Pro/zfx, UPP, AIO and Z2Pro/no zfx on the hood of one of my own cars a few days ago.

I too noticed some dust attraction, mainly on the UPP and Z2 Pro/no zfx but also to some extent on the Z2 Pro/zfx.

I really do not know for a fact what causes the dust attraction, but I suspect that it may be related to the build up of static while detailing or dust attraction before the sealants fully crosslink and cure.

What I do know is that dust attraction problems normally go away with the first wash. If you have not already done so, wait for 24 hours for the Z2 Pro to fully crosslink and then give it a light wash, this may take care of the problem for you.

I wish I could help more, but I`m still experimenting with Z2 pro myself. Good luck!

Scottwax
02-20-2005, 12:14 AM
I just think the cooler, dryer weather causes initial dust attraction from the static build up.

1 Clean WS6
02-20-2005, 12:36 AM
I noticed this with ZFX`d Z2 pro as well. Since it was my first exposure to it I was not sure if this was normal?? It has indeed greatly subsided after a few wash/Z-6 combo`s.

ZaneO
02-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Yeah, the static charge causes it, but it should go away after a good wash.

dternst
02-20-2005, 12:53 AM
Either wash it as ZaneO suggested or apply Z6.

dogma
02-20-2005, 06:48 AM
I seem to have that problem more with carnuba`s. I always use Z6

after each coat and the last coay as well. I also think that the MFT have more static than the cotton towels. I still use MF though.

DCT
02-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Some people had the same issue with the regular Z2. I always used Z6 very frequetly and liberally, and never seemed to have much of a problem............. at least no worse than any other products?

ntoddalbert
02-20-2005, 11:32 AM
I always found Zaino to attract more dust than say S100 or any Carnubas. I would guess your enviroment has a lot to do with it since others claim the exact opposite

ZaneO
02-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy

I would guess your enviroment has a lot to do with it since others claim the exact opposite

That`s exactly right.

Mochamanz1
02-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks for all the help, although I have to point out that the area is not dusty at all. I will wash the car and see if it works. Thanks again :)

ZaneO
02-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Again, how are you caring for your towels?

togwt
02-20-2005, 01:33 PM
I`d go along with â€Ëœstaticâ€â„¢; if you create friction with a polyester (Microfiber) towel it will create static (this will also happen with cotton but to a lesser extent. (As has been suggested neutralize it with water (washing) or a QD spray

JonM

FWIW- the above reasons are why I view claims that products are `anti-static` [causing friction on a plasic(polymer) with a plastic (polyester)= static]as marketing hype.

Scottwax
02-21-2005, 01:48 AM
Actually, UPP gives me the most problems with static electricity and it does attract dust until the first wash. I never noticed it in the summer though.