PDA

View Full Version : Difference between new Mother`s Reflections and the SynWax?

Marc Hufnagel
02-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Was checking out the new Reflections and the SynWax.

Looks like the Reflections is more of a 2-step process with the wax and then a top coat, and the Synwax is an all-in-one..

Would I be correct in this? I`m trying to find somewhere that has the SynWax in stock, where are you guys finding it?

DCT
02-19-2005, 06:49 PM
I belive the FX (Synwax) line also has a topper. I think I saw some at AutoZone, or Advanced Auto?

Edit:

If you want somemore info on the Mothers stuff, here is a link to there forum:

http://www.mothers.com/waxforum/

Marc Hufnagel
02-19-2005, 07:04 PM
thanks!

DCT
02-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Hellspawn

thanks!

You`re welcome......... have fun! :xyxthumbs

kbshadow
02-19-2005, 07:52 PM
I think the Synwax has a detailer, its not a 2 step.

The Reflections has a topper but its not a

second step, both are stand alone products.

Thats the way it seems to me, maybe Forrest can clear it up.

Bob

Stockton Ca

DCT
02-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Actually, the FX "topper" is a booster "spray wax", and not a QD. So, it should be adding some protection.

As I see it, the FX line is a direct competitor to NXT........ both of which are synthetic, and both have a booster spray wax.

P.S. I`ve actually tried a bit of the FX Synwax (but not the booster), and it is very nice indeed!

kbshadow
02-19-2005, 08:25 PM
White 150

I have used it a little bit, over FX

Its called spray wax and discribed as "extreme gloss speed detailer".

Its as ez to use as Showtime but like you say provides some protection.

I think its going to be a popular product.

DCT
02-19-2005, 08:35 PM
kbshadow,

Thanks for the info! I`m not normally not a big fan of the booster "spray wax" products, as with most good products nowadays, it`s almost as easy to apply another coat of the LSP. However, in the case of FX which has some polishes in it for cleaning, it may be adviseable to use the booster wax, rather than applying another coat of the FX............. time will tell! :D

Thanks again!

tripper_11
02-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Sorry if this may be off-topic:

What about the Powerline? anyone tried the Power Wax and Power Polish? Is the latter a non-filling abrasive polish?

Marc Hufnagel
02-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Wish there was an Advance closer to me; nearest is around 80 miles away.. We have an oreilly and AZ, oreilly has a couple of Mothers items, but AZ has nothing.

AlexRuiz
02-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Is the new reflections available at advance auto parts? They only had FX.

For what Forrest said, FX is more about shine and clarity, while reflections was almost as shiny but with more glow, warmth, depth and gloss..... FX to be killer on light colors, reflections to be killer on darks.

Which one is better? We`ll have to try them both and make a choice ;)

Alex

Both products are standalone, with FX and reflections having mild cleaners. FX is polymers based, reflections seems is still resin-based. Reflections top-coat is an addition, a blend resin-carnauba with no cleaner and layerable. It should be a hit.