PDA

View Full Version : Dacp Vs. Poorboys Ssr3??????

Maknmony
02-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Hello,

I have DACP and find that it`s an ok polish for removing swirl marks left behind from the Rotary and minor cleanup of a vehicle that you dont really need the rotary for. My question is, which of these 2 products is more abrasive? Dacp in my opionion doesnt seem to be abrasive at all. I have been using Presta ultimate cutting creme with the rotary and have been happy, i will be receiving my order from Premium auto care on Monday, i ordered SSR3 and wolfgang sealant. I also just received VM this week.

Thanks,

Sellncars

Web Docta
02-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Interesting that you posted about this because I used some IP and I was thinking of using something a little more abrasive. I was considering DCAP but now I`m not so sure. :confused:

MS22
02-19-2005, 04:34 PM
DACP is more along the lines of SSR2.5, the 3 is more abrasive. I can not comment on a comparision to the ultra cutting creme however I have used Strata 1000 from Presta and it was some pretty abrasive stuff, moreso than SSR3.

EBPcivicsi
02-19-2005, 04:39 PM
SSR3 is much more abrasive IMO. I would only use it with a rotary.

FWIW, I find DACP to be an extremely efficient product.

Plan on following SSR3 with a final polish.

Maknmony
02-19-2005, 05:03 PM
So your saying that the SSR3 was less abrasive then the Strata? The Ultimate Cutting Creme is a Strata product. It will take out 1200 Grit sand scratch`s.
Originally posted by MS22

DACP is more along the lines of SSR2.5, the 3 is more abrasive. I can not comment on a comparision to the ultra cutting creme however I have used Strata 1000 from Presta and it was some pretty abrasive stuff, moreso than SSR3.

Maknmony
02-19-2005, 05:05 PM
So do you think that the SSR3 should be used with the PC? Would it be best suited with the PC?

Thanks,

Sellncars
Originally posted by ebpcivicsi

SSR3 is much more abrasive IMO. I would only use it with a rotary.

FWIW, I find DACP to be an extremely efficient product.

Plan on following SSR3 with a final polish.

EBPcivicsi
02-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by sellncars

So do you think that the SSR3 should be used with the PC? Would it be best suited with the PC?

Thanks,

Sellncars

IMO, no, but I have heard of people doing it. IMO, it is a rotary only product.....

blkyukon
02-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Web Docta - DACP is more aggressive then IP, similar to SSR 2.5

I`ve had good luck using SSR3 with a PC, just make sure to clean or change the pad often - they cake up pretty quick.

Here is a BMW I did with the PC and SSR3

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46941

DCT
02-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by sellncars

Thanks,

Sellncars

I agree with ebpcivic........... SSR3 is better suited to a rotary buffer, as are most products in that abrasiveness range. Can you use some of them with a PC........... probably, but you will spend a lot of time "stepping down" through some less abrasive polishes to remove the hazing left behind.