PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Final Touch Glaze

Pages : [1] 2

imported_topnotch
02-19-2005, 09:15 AM
I wanted use some of the glaze after FP to hide some minor imperfections before I apply FMJ but I am noticing the no matter how little product I use it still seems a bit greasy looking/ hazy. I am working the product until I see a slight has and the temp I am working in is about 50-60 degrees in my garage, anyone have success with this is product and if so what is your method. Thanks

l33
02-19-2005, 09:33 AM
I use a microfinger app pad with my pc on ~3.5-4 and work until its still slightly wet. Some people have had problems with this product so your not alone.

I honestly think that those Megs MF with the black border are the PERFECT MF`s for menzerna removal and especially this product. They have so much bite without marring.

What MF are you using to remove FTG?

dogma
02-19-2005, 09:38 AM
Yea, That happened to me ,just a little. After you apply the FMJ it will be just fine.

imported_topnotch
02-19-2005, 09:43 AM
I was using the yellow Viper MF from CMA to remove it. I guess I will test a spot or two and then apply fmj to see if it removes the little haze left behind. Im in the garage trying it out as we speak

05Sleeper
03-30-2005, 07:22 PM
ANy results from this? What happened? How did it turn out? Pics?

imported_topnotch
03-30-2005, 10:44 PM
When I redid the test it was still a bit cold and I think thats why my results were poor, I will once again give it a shot in a few weeks. Honestly though I dont think I really need after using FP, the diff for the amount of work does not seem worth it

05Sleeper
03-30-2005, 11:03 PM
do you think it can be topped (FTG) with other sealents? UPP, BF, or wolfgang?

imported_topnotch
03-30-2005, 11:15 PM
It can be topped, I think thought it will not last as ling though b/c it has fillers in it which may not let and lsp bond as well. I am sure someone else can chime in on this also...

chevyguy28
03-31-2005, 04:05 PM
I am wondering about this as well. I have put FMJ on a test panel, with one part FPII/FMJ and one part FPII/FTG/FMJ. We`ll see how it goes.

If I try to do a large surface at a time, I get more smearing with FTG. I have to change MF towels more frequently than with products that dry to a haze. Maybe I`m using it incorrectly.

05Sleeper
04-06-2005, 03:16 PM
ANy follow up info on this? I am curious to see how well the glaze works.

chevyguy28
04-06-2005, 06:57 PM
What are you looking for an update on?

Looks with FTG? Durability? Swirl hiding?

05Sleeper
04-06-2005, 08:11 PM
All of the above would be great! :D Mostly looks though

chevyguy28
04-06-2005, 10:15 PM
If you have minor swirls, FTG does a good job of filling them in and reducing the effect of the deeper ones. Otherwise, it tries to wetten the finish slightly, but there isn`t a huge difference. If the finish is in excellent condition, then FPII provides most of the looks rather than FTG. That`s just IMO, but it`s hard to tell without doing half of the car and seeing what it does.

Durability with FTG under FMJ is keeping up with the FMJ and SG on my test panel after two weeks. It`s too early to tell whether it will fail early or not. I suspect it will.

Mostly, I`d buy FTG if I wanted to fill in a few imperfections, but if you are seeking a slightly wetter look, then you may try it.

Gonzo
04-07-2005, 06:25 AM
See my last post in this thread

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53296&perpage=12&pagenumber=2

No problems whatsoever with either the Glaze or the FMJ. I just applied the principal in my signature - you cannot apply it thin enough. What I did, was to apply to an area, in my case about 1/4 of the hood. Made one pass to lay it down and 2 more passes to spread it out evenly. The only (trivially) tough spots were found at the ends of my application strokes, where the "foamy" came to a stop when it changed direction. Just took slightly more elbow grease on the MF to wipe those spots complete off. Hope this helps some.

Ktulu
06-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Can you not put the FTG over a sealant? It has no cleaning properties, right?