PDA

View Full Version : The love and Hate of AIO

Pages : 1 [2]

Accumulator
02-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Sig- Welcome to Autopia!

That should work fine unless you have marring (swirls, etc.) that you need to remove prior to applying the AIO.

You might not need to rewash the car after claying if you use plenty of clay lube and wipe things off well.

Scottwax
02-23-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by TOGWT

IMO- AIO is a chemical cleaner and the swirl marks are being removed by the foam pads composition (cutting/polishing)

JonM

Agreed.

I really like AIO but as with all sealant systems, excellent surface prep is mandatory to get the best results.

Sig
03-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Sig- Welcome to Autopia!

That should work fine unless you have marring (swirls, etc.) that you need to remove prior to applying the AIO.

You might not need to rewash the car after claying if you use plenty of clay lube and wipe things off well.

Thanks for the welcome, seems like a great place to learn learn learn. :xyxthumbs

The car is virutally brand new, it was made in Aug of 2004 and sat out on the lot until about 3 weeks ago.

No visable paint issues but I figured I`d hit it with the AIO anyway just because that`s what people seem to recommend. :nixweiss

If it`s an almost brand new paint job would it be wrong to go straight from the clay to the SG?