PDA

View Full Version : EX or EX-P over Vanilla Moose?

benpocock
02-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Just a quick question that`s come about because I`m getting slightly confused with the whole subject of bonding! I see a lot of people use EX-P over VM with outstanding results, however my question is this:

If most sealants don`t bond well to oily products, how come EX-P goes so well on top of VM? Surely we`d be better using EX that has some Carnauba in it which would increase it Ãâ‚Å“waxinessÃâ‚Â and therefore it`s bonding capability?

The only explanation I can come up with is that the Poorboy`s sealants aren`t polymer based. Am I heading in the right direction with these thoughts or have I got totally the wrong end of the stick?

Could someone explain? It`s been one thing that`s been bugging me for a while!

Thanks,

Ben.

JasonD
02-18-2005, 07:11 PM
I have moved your question over the the Ask the Manufacturer forum so Poorboy can reply to this without being in violation. It`s always best to hear it from the horse`s mouth.

Scottwax
02-19-2005, 01:15 AM
EX-P contains amino-function resins, maybe that is why? I`ve used it over both VM and PwC with good results.

Corey Bit Spank
02-19-2005, 10:37 PM
I have recieved a little bit better durability with EX-P by using a regular pre-polish before it, rather than VM. I keep VM for pre #16 and the like.

Mr. Clean
02-20-2005, 03:49 PM
I`ve wondered how many people who have claimed poor durability with EX-P have applied it over VM or even PWC. My plans are to use EX-P over either PB`s Pro Polish or AIO.

Additionally, I tired EX over VM for the first time this year. Though the look was nice, the beading of EX failed quickly. I have used EX in the past and had excellent and lasting beading. :nixweiss I`m not sure what happened. I will be adding additionaly coats of EX and see what results are acheived. This was a great reminder to keep testing not just product (even the well known) but product combination on your personal vehicle(s) before using them on a customer`s.

wannafbody
03-03-2005, 08:27 PM
another company with a resin based sealant claims that putting their product over a polish with oils CAN lead to streaking and reduced durability

RedondoV6
03-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Clean

I`ve wondered how many people who have claimed poor durability with EX-P have applied it over VM or even PWC. My plans are to use EX-P over either PB`s Pro Polish or AIO.

Mr Clean: I seem to remember PB`s Steve recommending that EX-P be applied straight over clean paint, when a while back someone here complained about EX-P`s poor durability when used over AIO.

Bobsealant
03-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

EX-P contains amino-function resins

Just curious, but what are amino function resins?