PDA

View Full Version : Winter floor mats

Pages : [1] 2

rockford33
11-23-2004, 08:42 AM
Anyone know a good place on the web to get floor mats or a good brand of mats? I want something with a slight lip to hold any slush/water in the mat until I can dump it out. With black carpeting and black floor mats, I want to keep things a little cleaner this winter.

Thanks.

CharlesW
11-23-2004, 09:21 AM
The Weather Tech mats seem to get a lot of good comments. I have never used them so I can`t speak from personal experience.

http://www.weathertech.com/

Charles

scottlee
11-23-2004, 09:22 AM
try these
http://www.weathertech.com/
http://www.autogeek.net/floormats.html
and autogeek is a DC sponsor :jump

awd330
11-23-2004, 09:38 AM
I`ve been using the Weathertech mats for a few years. The mats don`t slip, and they can hold a lot of debris (sand, salt, gravel, water, slush, etc.).

rockford33
11-24-2004, 12:45 PM
I`ve been using the Weathertech mats for a few years. The mats don`t slip, and they can hold a lot of debris (sand, salt, gravel, water, slush, etc.).

I`ve been looking at the Weathertech mats, but at $89.95 for my car, they seem pretty expensive. I have looked and found Subaru all-weather mats for $40 + shipping. I might try that route and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions.

edschwab1
11-24-2004, 05:54 PM
Are the weathertech mats made for each specific vehicle or are they trim to fit?

Another company to check out is husky liners.

Eric

Bill D
11-24-2004, 06:01 PM
I have thick clear ,custom made vinyl floor mats I keep in the car year round. http://www.autoanything.com. I have two sets because the first set they sent me had some weird embedded spots of dirt or something, they replaced them for free. Sure is good to have a spare set :D

awd330
11-24-2004, 06:18 PM
Are the weathertech mats made for each specific vehicle or are they trim to fit?
The ones I have are custom fit for the front and trim to fit for the rear.

f1guy68
11-28-2004, 12:14 PM
I use quality bathroom floor mats!

The large deep pile type! They are rubber backed, very absorbant and can be thrown in the washing machine when required! In my case, because I bought the larger ones, I had enough to make rear floor mats as well!

They can also be cut to shape! I make mine a little oversized for extra protection!

And you can usually get them in ever color, so they will match your interior!

shotime
11-28-2004, 12:54 PM
I found a pair of Husky liners in a Ranger traded in at work. My interior is black and they`re light grey, but for being free I don`t care if they were pink. So far all I`ve done to "vacuum" is remove them and dump them out.

edschwab1
11-29-2004, 07:56 PM
F1,
Interesting idea.

Shotime,
Free is good.

Eric

CharlesW
11-29-2004, 09:52 PM
While I am not really a fan of Wal*Mart, they do have some heavy rubber floor mats that look like they would hold a lot of winter crap. I think they are a universal fit and are intended for pickups and SUV`S, but it might be possible to trim them to fit your vehicle.
:dunno
Charles

kaos
12-01-2004, 07:00 PM
I did a lot of debating and looking around for last winter right after I bought my truck. You definitely want something that`s going to be able to hold or absorb plenty of melted snow and gunk from your boots/shoes, yet be cleaned fairly easy also. I looked at the Husky`s, they`re nice and will hold a lot of stuff. The ones that I very nearly bought were the Catch-All mats from Nifty Products. They`re custom-fit for make&model, carpeted with a super low-pile easy-clean carpet that matches your interior, and will also hold a lot of stuff. The cost was what kinda decided against those for me. If I had more money to throw around, I`d definitely have gone with those. In the end, however, I just picked up the top-end generic rubber winter mats from Pep Boys. It was like $25 for the set of 2 mats, cut to fit, and the channels on them are quite deep. They`ve done the trick nicely.

Beemerboy
12-01-2004, 07:17 PM
The weathertech mats are gret I had them in my Jeep my new SUV came with rubber mats already and they are good enough for CA winters. The Husky mats can be brough threw the weathertech site as well, they look pretty tough to!

JaCkaL829
12-03-2004, 12:06 AM
I`d be careful with some of those cheaper vinyl clear mats. I remember reading on Autopia that they stain the bottom carpet a orange-yellowish color and that many people really weren`t able to remove it. I know my uncle has them and his mats below are stained pretty bad. I know you can get a set of 4 carpet mats at Costco for 20 bucks. Might be a good investment for the winter and rainy seasons.