PDA

View Full Version : help scratchezzz

Help anyone! i tried 83 with P.C and with rotary using 8006 & 7006 over and over again do I need wool and diamond cut or wet sanding or 83 + wool???

:brick their not through the clear and wont buff out for me

kimwallace
11-23-2004, 09:07 AM
The scratches in the last photo sure appear to be very deep. If you can feel them with your fingernail, they are most likely too deep to be buffed completely out, without compromising the thickness or the clearcoat. If you cannot feel them with your fingernail, #83 and the foam cutting pad should remove them. If you decide to wetsand, use 2000-3000 grit paper and then follow up with the 83 and cutting pad.
It is my guess that these scratches are too deep to completely remove ... at best you should be able to hide them a little.
Good Luck!

groebuck
11-23-2004, 09:23 AM
have you tried a hand applied product like scratch x - might be worth it before you go all wet sanding ;)

Rob Tomlin
11-24-2004, 02:03 PM
I wouldn`t expect to be able to get scratches that bad out with a PC.

Holyghostfilled
11-24-2004, 02:41 PM
The scratches in the last photo sure appear to be very deep. If you can feel them with your fingernail, they are most likely too deep to be buffed completely out, without compromising the thickness or the clearcoat. If you cannot feel them with your fingernail, #83 and the foam cutting pad should remove them. If you decide to wetsand, use 2000-3000 grit paper and then follow up with the 83 and cutting pad.
It is my guess that these scratches are too deep to completely remove ... at best you should be able to hide them a little.
Good Luck!

:yeah salvage what you can and fill it in. I personally don`t like to fill but sometimes it`s the best alternative. Good luck. let us know what happens and what procedure you did.

Daniel
:ghost