PDA

View Full Version : Help with clay bar application

WaterDR
02-17-2005, 11:30 PM
I have been using the maguires 3-step program on my Mustang about every 2 - 3 months. I subsitute the last step with Maguires NXT and have been happy with the results.

I recently purchased the Sonus Perfect Paint Finish Kit from Autopia. Kit includes clay, lubricant, and paint cleaner.

I have used clay before, so I know how to use it. My question is, after using the clay and then the sonus cleaner, do I then use Maguires Step 2 (paint sealant) and then go to the Tech Wax?

Does this sound good, or do you have any other recomendations?

Thanks!

White95Max
02-17-2005, 11:33 PM
You could use the sealant first, and then NXT Tech Wax on top. It is debatable (frequently is) whether the cleaners in NXT are enough to substantially diminish the sealant layer beneath it. IOW, you may be wasting your time/product by applying a sealant underneath NXT.

I would just do NXT after the paint cleaner, and top it with a pure wax.

WaterDR
02-17-2005, 11:52 PM
OK, so I could:

1 - Clay

2 - Sonus Cleaner

3 - Tech Wax

4 - P21S (which I have already)

I was not aware of any challenges with the Tech was and sealant. Sounds like the Tech Wax acts as a sealant anyway.

Thanks.

White95Max
02-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Yes I believe Meg`s considers NXT a sealant.

That process would be great.

Be sure to post pictures after your detail is complete! :)

WaterDR
02-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Weel, crap. I decided to go all out. I just ordered some more products from here.

So, looks like the clay followed by Klasse All-in-One and then some Klasse High Gloss Sealant. Also got a bottle of Sonus Acrylic Spritz for between waxes.

I will use the above method on my two other cars.

Can`t wait for show season!

togwt
02-18-2005, 07:41 AM
WaterDR- you won`t be dissapointed with Klasse, and you`ll find many people you enter car shows use it. If you are `new` to it`s application I would suggest you search `BillNorth` WOWO method.

JonM