PDA

View Full Version : Which polish?

Pages : [1] 2

dogma
02-17-2005, 07:53 PM
If I were to use a polish which one out of what I have?

Menzerna Fp 2

Pinicle Paint work cleansing lotion

Blackfire gloss enhancing polish

Shining Monkey Dspec polish

Stuf Polish

3M finess 2

I even found a bottle of black ebony ( is that used any more? )

Also have a ton of Meguiars

DrSauekraut
02-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Iâ€â„¢m having a tough time understanding your question . . . please rephrase. Are you asking which one is best? Describe the surface condition? PC or rotary? Need more information.

White95Max
02-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Knockwurst

Describe the surface condition? PC or rotary? Need more information.

Yeah we can`t recommend a polish until you reveal what condition your paint is in. There are lots of good polishes, and they are good for certain jobs.

03COBRA
02-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Oh come on guys, just answer the question!:D Menzerna FP II, may not do what you need, but that`s the best I can answer the question the way it was asked!

Scottwax
02-18-2005, 01:35 AM
#80 Speed Glaze is my go to polish.

tripper_11
02-18-2005, 01:41 AM
Answering it the way it was asked (no clue as to the paint condition, and machine use):

#80 Speed Glaze

check my review...

togwt
02-18-2005, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by dogma

If I were to use a polish which one out of what I have?

Menzerna Fp 2

Pinicle Paint work cleansing lotion

Blackfire gloss enhancing polish

Shining Monkey Dspec polish

Stuf Polish

3M finess 2

I even found a bottle of black ebony ( is that used any more? )

Also have a ton of Meguiars

If I were to use a polish, which one would it be out of what you have?

3M Finesse-It II or Menzerna Final Polish II

(like everyone else I have no idea what problem its supposed to fix, I just like them more than the others?)

JonM

holland_patrick
02-18-2005, 07:54 AM
Sup Dog... Did you get a PC yet. I know you have tons of products and want to get a good finish But you need to get some pics up and then we can get your groove on.

Did you contact sean?? are we going to set up a detailing day..

BTW FPII with finishing pad will be sweet.

RedondoV6
02-18-2005, 08:04 AM
Dogma .. if you just want to increase the shine and gloss, to burnish your paint before applying an LSP then, FPII is a very good choice, by PC or by Rotary.

If you are looking to correct imperfections, swirls etc. it would be helpful to know how bad the imperfections are and if you will be doing this by hand, PC or rotary.

I know from your other posts that you are using Zaino, so I`d advise you stick to polishes with little or no fillers or waxes, a few examples include 3M PI III RC, the PB`s SSR`s and Menzerna IP. Check them all out, I`ll be happy to answer any questions you have :)

AlexRuiz
02-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Never mind what was here..... :mad:

RedondoV6
02-18-2005, 12:05 PM
EDIT: Classy move Alex :xyxthumbs :)

dogma
02-18-2005, 12:55 PM
Thanks Guys. Why would I try Souvran again its been a major $70 disapointment.

I wanted to try some of the polishes I have on my pick up. I am also thinking about getting PC 7424. The pick up is dark red with minor swirls and some surface scratches. And since I have so much stuff I don`t want to waste my Zaino on it.

AlexRuiz
02-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by RedondoV6

Alex .. do yourself a favor and let it go .. not funny.

:confused: My intention IS NOT to create problem. I just thought that maybe with a different approach the result could be different. I just gave a suggestion, no reason to get sensitive.

stevet
02-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Kind of hard to recommend a polish without knowing what you want to do with it. 3M Finesse It II is capable of removing 1500 sanding marks. FP II is a very fine finishing polish. Pinicle Paint work Cleansing Lotion is a pre wax cleaner. Completely different types of products. Figure out what you need them for than a proper recommendation can be made.

RedondoV6
02-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by dogma

Thanks Guys.....

I am also thinking about getting PC 7424. The pick up is dark red with minor swirls and some surface scratches. And since I have so much stuff I don`t want to waste my Zaino on it.

Getting a PC will probably be the best investment you can make for your detailing, there is just no substitute for prep`ing the paint before you apply your LSP of choice. At best, applying an LSP over swirls will hide them for a while, but with most sealants including Zaino, the sealant will often make them look worse!

I thought there was a sticky here regarding the PC .. explaining the different models and pads available but I can`t seem to find it now, maybe someone has it bookmarked? Also, check out the posts by Eliot Ness, he helps a lot of newbies with choosing pads for the PC and he knows his stuff. Maybe after a while, when your paint is in top condition and can really show off a good quality LSP, you might want to start to experiment again, there again maybe you won`t :)

Good luck to you .. gotta run and buff off some UPP!