PDA

View Full Version : Autopian in hiding?

blue-sun
02-17-2005, 04:42 PM
http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27262

ANyone here know who did this and how?

Makes me want to buy a lift and get my MR2 up in the air for some cleaning!

David

Jngrbrdman
02-17-2005, 04:52 PM
I dunno.... Other than the challenge of detailing something like that, I don`t really see the advantage of having it so clean that you could eat off of it. I suppose it would be great for those shows where they inspect the car with a dental mirror to make sure that every part is original, but that would be the only purpose a car that clean would serve.

The sad thing is that this car will probably be wrecked when a drunk driver t-bones the trailer it is being towed around in or something. lol To top it off, it will be raining outside and the car will fly out of the trailer and land in a muddy drainage ditch sideways. Its a morbid thought, but for some reason it comes to mind when I see that car.

Bill D
02-17-2005, 05:49 PM
I store my Caddy covered in a Car Bag and do hope to graduate to that Car Capsule one day. :D It`s also a dream of mine to get a lift so I can get my cars looking pretty much the same as that in the link. Drive the cars, regularly put up on the lift, inspect, clean,polish, seal, enjoy, repeat :2thumbs:

Accumulator
02-17-2005, 07:11 PM
For some reason I`m not getting any of the pics to come up :nixweiss

I`ve kept a number of my cars clean enough that you could eat of the undercarriages. Just seemed like the right way to treat them. Used Souveran on the Mallett C5`s undercarriage, applied it after maybe every other wash. I haven`t kept any of them undriven in a bubble, but the way I treat my 17K mile `85 XJS comes pretty close (and yeah, I *do* plan to get a bubble for it).

In every field of interest, there are a handful of items that have been preserved in like-new condition. After enough time passes, they become genuine artifacts, legendary to those who really care about them. Guns were made to be fired, suits of armor were made to absorb punishment in combat, airplanes were meant to be flown, etc., etc.; functional things are made to be used. But when a perfectly preserved specimen turns up, it`s like a gift to all those who appreciate it. A gift from whoever preserved it.

But by the sound of those threads, the BMW ended up getting turned into a track car project anyhow...

Bill D
02-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

I haven`t kept any of them undriven in a bubble, but the way I treat my 17K mile `85 XJS comes pretty close (and yeah, I *do* plan to get a bubble for it).

Oh boy! I can`t wait to read about that! :2thumbs:

Accumulator
02-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Bill D- I keep putting it off as I enjoy getting in it from time to time and playing way-back-machine (*zap* it`s `85 again and I`m still young and immortal ;) ). Having to breach the bubble would kill the sponaneity and spoil the whole effect. Plus, I currently have it squeezed in a corner where there`s no room for the bubble. But some day....

Bill D
02-17-2005, 07:59 PM
We may just wind up getting each other`s around the same time :D

MongooseGA
02-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Read one of the posts. He says the car shouldn`t be in the bubble where it`s not appreciated or driven like it should be.

He wants it to go in a museum... :hm

dcswd
02-18-2005, 01:49 AM
Well thats definitely clean. Even the rubber boots (like the CV boots) that I saw were absolutely perfect.