PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Question

imported_Axe
02-17-2005, 12:23 PM
So, if I apply Zaino to my car, does that mean I can no longer polish the car using Menzerna, or Megs, or 1z etc. in later weeks? My understanding is, if I Zaino the car and then polish at a later time, I will effectively strip the Zaino ? If so, then is there nothing I should do to my car other than a quick wash every week or so?

Thanks for your help

cwcad
02-17-2005, 01:16 PM
good question, AXE!!

since, i am about to do a detail using Z2Pro, i look forward to responding comments. wish i could answer that question.

2wheelsx2
02-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Well, polishing "levels" the paint with abrasives, so no matter what you have on there, it will be removed down to the bare paint. But once you have the paint the way you want, and you Zaino it, why would you polish again? :nixweiss

For that matter, any paint cleansers will also remove everything down to bare paint. So in general, polish, clean, etc, and then apply your LSP. After that, it`s wash and QD`ing mainly. If you want to remove everything every time you wash, why not going with a good carnauba like P21S?

mgk65
02-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Zaino and other sealants deposit a layer of polymers on the surface of the paint. If you use an abrasive product or a solvent-based product after the Zaino layer, the Zaino will be removed.

paco
02-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Polishing is correct a problem. Any protectation will be removed.

Washing is to clean a vehicle.

You still need to protect it periodically though. Depending on which product you use, the frequency can weekly, monthly, quarterly or every 6 months.

Mochamanz1
02-19-2005, 12:33 AM
You might try layering if your question relates to increasing the gloss, depth, or reflectivity. Adding layers of sealant is a good way to make your paint pop, unless there are problems, scratches, etc. The only way to help that situation is to level the pain by polishing.