PDA

View Full Version : RainX or Aquapel on House Windows?

armoredsaint
02-16-2005, 10:43 PM
I was thinking about using RainX. I used AIO on the glass shower door, but of course it was gone when I used Lysol bathroom cleaner.

thinksnow
02-16-2005, 10:48 PM
How much money do you have:D

Aquapel if you can dig up the bones for it, however for low-maintenance home windows, I`m not sure that durability matters that much.

I DO know that I wouldn`t be too excited to remove Rain-X hazing by the square meter.

Scottwax
02-17-2005, 12:15 AM
Why not go with AIO? :)

Lowejackson
02-17-2005, 08:08 AM
I tried RainX on the windows but could not get the house to over 30mph to see how it performed

mgk65
02-17-2005, 11:07 AM
There`s a new glass product from the original inventor of RainX that sounds to be more along the lines of Aquapel, but much more economical. It is called Rain Clear Gel. I just saw a write up about it in the latest Classic Motoring email newsletter.

Jngrbrdman
02-17-2005, 12:04 PM
RainX is probably cheaper. The haze isn`t even an issue if you think about it. Just clean the windw, slap on the RainX, and then after you have given it 10 or 15 minutes to haze you just hose it down and wash it again. Presto. No haze. The same technique works for cars. Just RainX the windows before you wash it and then wash the glass along with the rest of the car. I`ve never ever had a problem with RainX haze doing it that way.

C. Charles Hahn
02-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by thinksnow

How much money do you have:D

Aquapel if you can dig up the bones for it, however for low-maintenance home windows, I`m not sure that durability matters that much.

I DO know that I wouldn`t be too excited to remove Rain-X hazing by the square meter.

Werd.... aquapel is EXPENSIVE to be using on household stuff unless it`s a very specific purpose. Even on vehicles, I generally use aquapel on the front and rear windows and rainx on the sides because it would take too much money to aquapel all of the windows.