PDA

View Full Version : When to apply EX?

imported_cody
02-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Just received my Poorboys EX, but I`ve read different opinions on its use. Can it be used over NXT, or should it be used, before NXT? Also, when using EX is there any reason to top with #16, or P21S, since it has Carnauba in it? (I`m trying this on a silver MDX that has been washed, clayed, AIO`d, and has a recent coat of NXT.) Thanks, in advance, for your help!

JaCkaL829
02-16-2005, 09:59 PM
It should be used after the NXT. The carnuaba topper is up to you.

JasonD
02-17-2005, 01:47 AM
Just as Johnny said, you would want to apply EX after NXT since NXT has cleaners in it that would remove EX if it were already on there. Again, as Johnny said, you can top EX with a carnauba if you want but since it`s going on silver I don`t think you would want too much carnauba on it since it might *mute* the silver a bit. Try EX on one or two panels to see if you even want it on there. NXT is known to look great on light colors and metallics, so you might just want to stick with that.

travisdecpn
02-17-2005, 01:54 AM
You may want to look into picking up some EX-P as it is meant for lighter colored finishes.

gearhead
02-17-2005, 02:40 AM
Agree with JDookie, not sure how EX will look on silver. I have a redrock pearl MDX that I put AIO + EX on and I think the pearl is slightly muted. I`m going to try #16 as a topper to see if it`ll bring out the pearl more but if not I won`t use EX on it again--probably change to UPP.

Try just AIO + #16 or P21S, I think that`ll look amazing. I haven`t used NXT. I do like EX though, just not on the MDX`s shade of pearl. It looks fantastic on my solid red Audi. :D

JasonD
02-17-2005, 07:59 AM
SG, EX-P, NXT, and UPP will all look great on silver.

imported_cody
02-17-2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks, for the great responses. 11 months ago, I was using Nu-Finish! After being on this site, I now own a PC, 7 pads, NXT wash, NXT wax, P21S, P21 cleaner, AIO, Poorboys EX, #16, Big Blue towel, 10 MF`s, 3 different QD`s, WAUW, etc, etc. My car has never looked better, but hanging around you guys is getting expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, again.:xyxthumbs