PDA

View Full Version : New Member with Q`s

JasonG145
02-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Well, hello! This is a great site. i found this site thru crownvic.net. i am a crown vic guy and i have been detailing cars since i was around 12. i have used alot of stuff, but since discovering this site, im missing out on alot! i was just wondering, on my moms crown vic, and my 82 lincoln, they are both white. i used meguiers clay bar yesturday, and was astonished with the results. there was a bunch of brown stuff comming off the car. i followed the bar with a waxing with meguiers mirror glaze. i want to know, are there any waxes out there that are good for a white car? do you people have any tricks for cleaning whitewall tires and removing overspray from nightshades? Thanks alot.

a.k.a. Patrick
02-16-2005, 09:31 PM
You think its nice, now, imagine what it would have looked like if you polished it !!

White, IMO is one of the easier colors to maintain, theres less of a transformation, but I find one way to make white look great, is to make all that black trim look refreshed......Contrast has a lot to do with making white, right!

JasonG145
02-16-2005, 09:41 PM
well, on my moms car, there isint any black really. on the lincoln, i have a real dark blue top. i keep that in a very clean state. then, on the chrome bumpers, there are black trim. those are clean too. i just want more of a shine on the car. the mirror glaze has to be the best wax i used so far.

White95Max
02-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by JasonG145

i want to know, are there any waxes out there that are good for a white car?

:D

YES! Pinnacle Paste Glaz!!!

You can see a bunch of pictures of my car with various combos at my CarDomain site:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/white95max

BTW, we`re holding an Autopia Meet in southern Wisconsin in April. If you`re interested in attending, see this thread...

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48526

I hope to see you there! :)

JasonG145
02-16-2005, 10:13 PM
wow, your car looks great! i wish i can make it, but i dont have my license yet! im in drivers ed and will probably get it in the summer. my aunt lives in ladysmith wisconsin. if anything, im up for a meet in the summer. now onto that wax, where can i find it? Autozone? any car store?

White95Max
02-16-2005, 10:20 PM

wow, your car looks great!

Thank you. :)

now onto that wax, where can i find it? Autozone? any car store?

:grinno: You definitely won`t find it at any local stores.

There is only one place I know of that you can still buy it online (it`s been discontinued) and that`s http://www.topoftheline.com

It`s a bit pricey, but I just bought a third jar and received it today! :cool:

JasonG145
02-16-2005, 10:23 PM
alright heres the order i was going to go by to get the car done again this weekend, ... clay, mirror glaze, pinnacle paste.. is that the right order? if not, heres a list of waxes i have right now...meguiers #16, meguiers gold class, meguiers #7.......What do you people perfer for me to get so i get it all done right?

White95Max
02-17-2005, 12:21 AM
First of all...

How do you plan to get Paste Glaz by this weekend?

2nd:

Which Mirror Glaze product are you referring to?

Clay comes first, yes. Paste Glaz goes on last, that`s also correct. If the "Mirror Glaze" you`re referring to is a cleaner or polish, then you have the right order listed.

#16 is a good product, but if you`re using Paste Glaz, you don`t need to use the 16.

Accumulator
02-17-2005, 02:10 PM
JasonG145- Welcome to Autopia! Cool batch of cars you and your folks have there. Heh heh, :xyxthumbs to your mother for driving a P71.

Check out all the different products offered at TOL (use the link White95Max provided). IMO the best things you can do are a) work on perfecting your wash technique, b) learn what stuff is used for what purposes, c) decide what you need to improve about how your cars look. *Most* people need to do better with their pre-wax prep, and that almost always involves using some mildly abrasive polishes.

Which product number is the "Mirror Glaze" stuff you`re currently using?

JasonG145
02-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Well, i ran out of the #7, so i have been using the #16, and that works great. I can probably get the paste glaz at this car detaling center by my house. they have all sorts of stuff and they customize cars.

White95Max
02-17-2005, 10:26 PM

I can probably get the paste glaz at this car detaling center by my house. they have all sorts of stuff and they customize cars.

I wouldn`t count on it. Paste Glaz is in limited supply now, and TOL is the ONLY store I know of, online or otherwise, that has any of it.

If you in fact have a local place to buy Paste Glaz, congratulations!

JasonG145
02-17-2005, 10:41 PM
i called them and they said they can order it. their catalog is over 1000 pages!! so im pretty sure they will have it for me. if not, ill just go aftersome other stuff.

White95Max
02-17-2005, 10:47 PM
But they still won`t get it any sooner than you would. And most likely, it will cost you more to get the wax through them than if you had ordered it yourself. They are going to raise the price to make a profit.