PDA

View Full Version : metal polish

Black'03GT
02-16-2005, 04:33 PM
I have Meguiar`s NXT All Metal Polysh and I`m not too happy with the results (as of yet). I tried it on polished wheels and I haven`t gotten the clarity I wanted. I used a microfiber pad and applied light to medium pressure. Should I put more elbow grease into it or just keep going over the same area?

beastie
02-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Are your wheels clear coated? If it is, use the products designated for paint (wax, sealant and paint polishes). I have polished wheels too but they are clear coated. I get excellent results with Wenol metal polishes using both red and blue tubes on non-coated metals.

Hemi57
02-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Black`03GT, I certainly hope this is not a dumb question but, are you sure that your wheels do NOT have a clear coat? Metal polish ain`t gonna work on clear coat too well and most high polish alloys these days have clear coat.

One product I would recommend is Autosol Metal Polish, made in Germany. Only problem I have is my wife keeps grabbing it to polish up the Kettle & Toaster :(

Hemi57
02-16-2005, 04:50 PM
beastie, you beat me to the "clear coat" comment by a couple of minutes. I am going to have to type faster :)

And I agree on you comment to go with your usual paint polish regime if they are clear coated.

togwt
02-16-2005, 07:28 PM
When you use the metal polish is the towel clear or slightly black?

Black'03GT
02-17-2005, 09:48 AM
They were custom non-clearcoated wheels. I should have mentioned it.