PDA

View Full Version : DetailCity Is Down

crobinso
02-16-2005, 02:39 PM
I was tooling around in DetailCity and suddenly the site went down. I hope it`s only temporary.

BTW, I`ve noticed more than one thread where people have been confused as to whether they`re on Autopia or DC. Both sites rule, in my humble opinion.

Charles

:bigups

stevet
02-16-2005, 02:44 PM
It`s working for me.

Bill D
02-16-2005, 02:45 PM
I noticed they were on and off the other day. I just kept checking or tried going to a link to the forums within the site directly and looking from there.

crobinso
02-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by stevet

It`s working for me.

Hmm. I keep getting this message:

This is the Pleskâ„¢ default page

If you see this page it means:

1) hosting for this domain is not configured

or

2) there`s no such domain registered in Plesk.

For more information please contact Administrator.

Charles

crobinso
02-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

I noticed they were on and off the other day. I just kept checking or tried going to a link to the forums within the site directly and looking from there.

I followed your advice, Bill, and got into the site that way. Strange.......

Charles

Jngrbrdman
02-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Sounds like a server thing. DC backs itself up every so often I hear. The forums will be down while it backs up. Doing it frequently will limit the total time it needs to be down at once, but it is kind of a pain if it backs up in the middle of the day. I would figure that kind of thing would happen at 3 am or at times of lowest site traffic. :nixweiss

Woob
02-16-2005, 03:54 PM
http://detailcity.com I believe is linked to a different IP, while www.detailcity.com is linked to the correct one. I would change your bookmark and you will be fine

crobinso
02-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by SilvaBimma

http://detailcity.com I believe is linked to a different IP, while www.detailcity.com is linked to the correct one. I would change your bookmark and you will be fine

Okay, that`s what happened.

A few weeks ago, we were told NOT to use www . Today, they must have switched back, while I was in session.

Charles

a.k.a. Patrick
02-16-2005, 04:56 PM
They both work for me..........