PDA

View Full Version : GEPC vs clay

mark325i
02-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question.

The paint on my car is in good shape, and it is always kept clean and waxed. I am switching from Klasse to Zaino and was wondering if washing it, using GEPC and then Zaino would be enough. Why would I have to clay if GEPC is a cleaner? Aren`t they somewhat interchangeable?

imported_The Uncle
02-16-2005, 01:53 PM
GEPC is a chemical cleaner. Clay has a more mechanical action, and will removed embedded particles that GEPC will not. The two products are complementary, not redundant. GEPC will help you with oxidation, wax or sealants that are already on the car, oils, and other surface dirt. Clay will remove dust, industrial fallout, debris from the road, etc.

Accumulator
02-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Well put, Uncle :xyxthumbs

Clay can be almost indispensable, if only for pulling ferrous contaminants out of the paint. Left embedded in the paint, such stuff will result in "rust blooms". Paint cleaners like GEPC just don`t work well on this sort of thing.

stevet
02-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Clay can be almost indispensable, if only for pulling ferrous contaminants out of the paint. Left embedded in the paint, such stuff will result in "rust blooms". Paint cleaners like GEPC just don`t work well on this sort of thing.

Unless your Mirrorfinishman:rolleyes:

Jngrbrdman
02-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

That is true. GEPC will remove the rust stains, but not necessarily the thing that is causing the rust. That`s why I always use a paint cleaner or a polish after I clay. The clay may not remove all the stains and the paint cleaner or polish can`t remove all of the contamination. You need them both sometimes.