PDA

View Full Version : I wish these people knew about Autopia

Pages : [1] 2

imported_mrecktid
02-16-2005, 12:31 AM
There have been several posts like this, but I still find it funny.

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42878

Scroll down and look at the posts of "potty pants" and the poster right below him.

I was going to tell them to check out Autopia but my posting priviledges there are messed up, so I guess they`ll have to stick to hand applying wax and using t-shirts to take it off :down

MaThGr82
02-16-2005, 12:46 AM
While he has a few good snippets in there, a lot of the info is just bad :rolleyes:

audipower
02-16-2005, 12:55 AM
For the love of god don`t let them listen to those idiots. There telling them to wash there car regulary with Dawn! Eagle One has the best wax!!?? Mitts scratch your car?!?!?

PLEASE SEND THEM HERE!

ntwrkguy1
02-16-2005, 01:34 AM
That is some funny stuff. It`s almost painful to read the `detailing advice` that you can find on non-detailing forums such as this. Some of the people know what they are talking about, but for the most part it`s nothing more than mis-information being spouted.

MaThGr82
02-16-2005, 01:45 AM
That thread on the G35 site is exactly why the only posts I have on BMW-Forums.com is in the Wash and Detail section. Always trying to spread the good word.

RedondoV6
02-16-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by audipower

For the love of god don`t let them listen to those idiots. There telling them to wash there car regulary with Dawn! Eagle One has the best wax!!?? Mitts scratch your car?!?!?

PLEASE SEND THEM HERE!

:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

sQuashed
02-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Another day..Another misconception !!

imported_becks
02-16-2005, 07:58 AM
This is my fav. comment from those G35 guys

i really doubt the comments elsewhere that a clay bar should be used on a brand new car. use at your own risk. :shocked

I try converting members of boards I visit and unfortunately they all think they know everything and don`t bother listening to recommendations. What I find funny is I can give tips to a neighbour or friend who isn`t much of a car enthusiast and they actually listen and learn, yet a lot of real car enthusiasts could care less and would rather do it all wrong then listen to someone else :nixweiss

imported_GDA4
02-16-2005, 08:33 AM
I thought that post was a joke. It was pretty funny. I saw turtle wax in there as well...

tripper_11
02-16-2005, 08:34 AM
it`s sad...

togwt
02-16-2005, 08:49 AM
Some of the advice is so close and yet so far off...

The Internet or (mis) information highway.

A paint film surface is a delicate thin coating, easily dulled and very easily scratched. Choose carefully the advice you listen to and more importantly act upon.

JonM

RedondoV6
02-16-2005, 08:56 AM
I just smile when I think of all those nice G35`s and what is going to happen to them.

Look on the bright side ... in a few months the pros we have on Autopia will be making money detailing these same G35`s. Theres justice in there somewhere!

Mochamanz1
02-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Thank God I found Autopia..... Hey, these guys think they are state of the art..... I used to think Schuck`s sold the top of the line. It`s a question of what we are exposed to, I guess. But this site is sad considering all the information available through searching on the net.:(

Scottwax
02-19-2005, 01:08 AM
Mommy! :nervous2:

Sequoyah
02-19-2005, 01:13 AM
My neighbor came over one day when I was washing my car and asked why I bothered washing with a "car wash". He told me that his father only uses water and a wash mit to wash their cars (which look horrible, especially the black one...) I didn`t know what to say other than to ask him "when you take a shower, do you use soap and shampoo?" He said "yes" I said "why, it`s a waste...just using water will get you just as clean." I told him his father had no clue how to clean a car...I think I hurt his feelings:cry: (He`s 16 years old) I am by no means an "expert", but I was very irritated to say the least.