PDA

View Full Version : Zaino and which towel to use?

MethodZRN
02-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Sup guys. New here so I was wondering for you Zaino users what towels you use to remove Zaino and where can I get it? How many do I need? I`ve heard about DFtowels, are they really that good? Thanks in advance for any input!

ZaneO
02-15-2005, 09:38 PM
For Zaino removal, I use the ultra plush towels from Pak Shak (www.pakshak.com), the Concours Buffing towel from Autopia (http://autopia-carcare.com/mf-cbt.html), and the DF towels.

togwt
02-16-2005, 07:04 AM
"I`ve heard about DFtowels, are they really that good? Thanks in advance for any input!"

DFTowels are 100% natural cotton terry weave towel and will not cause scratches.

Its scratch resistance has a lot to do with the way the fibres are processed and spun, there are too many factors to be able to say conclusively that natural fibres will not cause scratches and artificial fibres will. In my opinion, however, natural fibres are far less likely to scratch than nylon or polyester. Flannel or cotton flannel is a very tight weave and it could scratch as it mats down easily, always try to stay with a terrycloth weave.

JonM

imported_memnuts
02-16-2005, 07:23 AM
You can use any high quality MF or cotton towel. Most, including myself prefer MF`s.

I would suggest a combination of poly and cotton MF for your collection.

Example: 5 - 10 plush MF from vendors like ExcelDetail, PakShak, WCD, Autofiber, Autogeek or Autopia stores.

2-3 DF Towels (1 for buffing, 1 to use as a wash towel, 1 for QD`ing)

Both poly and natural fiber derived MF`s are very surface-marring resistant if these items are properly maintained.

Hope this helps and most of these vendors have Autopian discounts. :bounce

RedondoV6
02-16-2005, 07:29 AM
I`d go with a good quality MF.

romar
02-16-2005, 08:08 AM
I`ll add my vote to using a quality MF. And by the way, I just ordered towels from Excel Detail, and they wound up refunding me .69 cents for excess shipping charges. Talk about a class act! :bow

MethodZRN
02-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks guys. Good info.