PDA

View Full Version : Which Quick Detailer?

Pages : [1] 2 3

shelshel
02-15-2005, 08:50 PM
It looks like I`m on my way to getting all my supplies early this year and on sale!!! Thanks to everyone for providing me with their vast amount of knowledge on the various products.

I`m getting Wolfgang`s and 4 Star sealants...can`t make up my mind. What I need help with is the QD. Should I get the Wolfgang or 4 Star brand or go with the Clearkote Quickshine? I`ve hear good reviews on all of them. Is Clearkote compatible with these sealants?

Need your help!!!

imported_Burlyq
02-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Sonus if I had to pick from that list.

travisdecpn
02-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Adam`s is my favorite, but I`ll take 4* too.

a.k.a. Patrick
02-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Wow, thats a toss up for me, QS and FSGE.....

White95Max
02-15-2005, 09:55 PM
I like the 4* gloss enhancer a lot.

Mochamanz1
02-15-2005, 10:41 PM
I like the Sonus QD (Acrylic) best

Scottwax
02-15-2005, 10:47 PM
Quikshine is by far my favorite. I can use it on carnaubas and sealants with equally excellent results. In addition, it leaves the paint very slick and makes spider swirls less noticable.

armoredsaint
02-15-2005, 10:59 PM
+1 for Sonus, damn it smells good.

CTDiesel
02-15-2005, 11:14 PM
I`ve used both, and I think 4*UGE and Sonus Acrylic Spritz are the same product.

Scottwax
02-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by ram

I`ve used both, and I think 4*UGE and Sonus Acrylic Spritz are the same product.

I know for certain Long Haul`s Truck Gloss and Race Glaze`s Gloss Highlighter are the exact same product. http://www.scottwax.com/rice/videos/smilies/ohnoes.gif

94BlkStang
02-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I know for certain Long Haul`s Truck Gloss and Race Glaze`s Gloss Highlighter are the exact same product. http://www.scottwax.com/rice/videos/smilies/ohnoes.gif

What`s funny is, we might all be surprised at some of the duplications in the car detailing business. Color and smell can play a trick into thinking the same product is actually better or worse. There is a lot of toll blending in the industry and many products use the same formulas.

I worked for a company that made a press wash for the printing industry and had a company try our product that was duplication of what they were using and they didn`t like it. A few weeks later I convinced the buyer to put my product in the container of what they use. Buyer checks with the press people a week later and asks how the prodcut is working and their reply was the same as it always has and better than that sample they tried a few weeks ago. They were surpirsed when they found out it was the sample product that they had actually been using that week. Got the business and saved them a bundle.:D

MS22
02-16-2005, 12:30 AM
Wolfgang DS, or Menzerna to top acrylic based sealants; Adams, Crystal Mist or 4* SW+ to top carnaubas.

raymond_ho2002
02-16-2005, 12:47 PM
My vote is for quikshine, but I haven`t used UGE yet. QS also leaves glass soooo smooth. I always go over glass with QS after using a dedicated glass cleaner.

I also really like eagle one`s wet wipe n shine, even though it`s not on your list. To me, it`s a very close second to ck qs.

imported_The Uncle
02-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by ram

I doubt it. Sonus has cleaning properties that are not present in 4* UGE.

debric
02-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Mother`s FX