PDA

View Full Version : Four Star UPP

Pages : [1] 2

CTDiesel
02-15-2005, 07:34 PM
Even after extensive shaking, my 4*UPP has small specks of material that do not break down during application. Although the specks do not appear to be causing any scratching, I`m still a bit uneasy about using it on my black truck.

Is this normal for this product?

White95Max
02-15-2005, 07:38 PM
I think I have also noticed the specks you`re talking about. I have never noticed any marring caused by applying UPP though. I think they might be normal. You can pick them out if it really worries you. :)

CTDiesel
02-15-2005, 07:56 PM
There are way too many specks to pick out. With a dime sized portion to apply to the hood for example, there are probably 15-20 "specks".

My choices seem to be to try and filter out the specks from the entire bottle, don`t use it anymore or don`t worry about it.

RedondoV6
02-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Where did you buy it from? If it bothers you, why not contact the store .. see what they say?

TW85 HHI
02-15-2005, 08:00 PM
I have never noticed "specks" in my UPP (two bottles). Contact Four Star about it.

imported_The Uncle
02-15-2005, 08:18 PM
This seems curious to me too. I have about three coats of UPP on my car and have not noticed any "specks."

EBPcivicsi
02-15-2005, 08:38 PM
No specks here, I have v.2 that smells like bubble gum. If you contact dwayne at premium auto care, I am sure that he will take care of it.

JeffM
02-15-2005, 08:45 PM
No specs in mines either.

I would either contact the supplier or maybe filter it through a coffee filter.

imported_Burlyq
02-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Two people have specs that settles it for me, I`ll pass on the UPP. Out of all the sealants I used this year, and there`s about 6 or 7 of them, I never heard anything like that. In fact after twenty years of polishing cars I`ve never heard of that. For twenty bucks a bottle I would expect better. Thanks for the post, this was one product I was going to try but this is too gheto for the likes of me. I likes my polishes spec free.

JeffM
02-15-2005, 08:46 PM
I think UPP is one of the best products i have, although i have not tried too many sealants.

I could sit and stare at my light blue car all day, it looks soo damn nice :)

imported_Burlyq
02-15-2005, 08:48 PM
LOL JBM, another reason not to try it, I have things to do and can`t afford to stare at my car all day.:D

JeffM
02-15-2005, 08:50 PM
LOL, it is really an outstanding product, but so are all the popular sealants.

If you dont want it, do you want to sell it?

White95Max
02-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by ram

There are way too many specks to pick out. With a dime sized portion to apply to the hood for example, there are probably 15-20 "specks".

Wow. I was just talking about one popping up here and there. Certainly not a consistent supply of them coming out. And I don`t notice them in the product, I have just noticed tiny specks on the pad after applying it sometimes.

a.k.a. Patrick
02-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Are they soft ? If so, i wouldnt worry about it. A coffee filter isnt going to solve the problem....Talk to Dwayne at PAC......

imported_eggroll
02-15-2005, 09:36 PM
I have these specks too, its kind of like a milkshake or smashed up paste wax. They are soft and as far as i can tell it doesnt affect performance :nixweiss